• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 phazer mtx wider front end questions

Frontside93

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Phazer Mtx
Last year bought 2011 phazer mtx. Stuck a bunch of bogies in it and other stuff. Decided I was gonna make it short track and widen out front end. Couldn’t get track I wanted so left it long and widen out front. New ball joints an arm bushings. New sly dog powder hound 7 woodys 6inch carbines. Spindle has new bushing. But still have some slop.
Wondering if anyone has done the same and set up suspension and what carbines u ran with slydogs or prefer different skis? Been testing on the couple rides can get ski pressure off the skis but then likes to push. Then do more adjustments. Just wondering what others have ran? I run gytr front shocks.
Thanks in advance

09 rtx made into a xtx with gytr shocks on the front. runs curve xs skis. still nice and playful but spends more time on trail. from what you are saying, adjust the front a arms so they are almost parallel to the ground with weight on them. then lift the rear of the sled and loosen the tension on the front skid shock until it is stiff to turn the spring on the shock by hand. lock down and take it for a rip.

as to the ski play, i have never gotten it all out ever on any sled i have owned. i would strap the bars straight 1st. put a bungee cord from ski loop to ski loop, then set the toe to about 1/8" toed out at the front most and rear most carbide stud. it should be dang close to really good without having snow trackers.

09 rtx made into a xtx with gytr shocks on the front. runs curve xs skis. still nice and playful but spends more time on trail. from what you are saying, adjust the front a arms so they are almost parallel to the ground with weight on them. then lift the rear of the sled and loosen the tension on the front skid shock until it is stiff to turn the spring on the shock by hand. lock down and take it for a rip.

as to the ski play, i have never gotten it all out ever on any sled i have owned. i would strap the bars straight 1st. put a bungee cord from ski loop to ski loop, then set the toe to about 1/8" toed out at the front most and rear most carbide stud. it should be dang close to really good without having snow trackers.
Thanks appreciate it! I’ll try that out. Once I figure out a my weird noise is coming from on left side of sled when moving at a steady speed.

have you checked the jack shaft and speedo bearing for having grease in them?

have you checked the jack shaft and speedo bearing for having grease in them?
Put the greaser on back in November and bearing looked good on the driveshaft. Gonna double check that and the jackshaft tonight or this weekend. But no movement on the secondary other then in or out.

Any chance u could tell me how many clicks u have on the gytr shocks on bottom and top? I’m at 10 clicks on bottom. And like 3 clicks up top. Seems to be the lowest I can go. To get a arms almost level.

you adjust the spring retaining nuts for getting the a arms level. the clicker knobs on the shocks adjust the rebound and dampening of the shock.

Back