• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Venture GT low speed rumble

wildmann

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper rtx-dx
11 venture gt
09 vector ltx gt
05 vector
2011 Venture Gt new, no problems first 150 mi. however, it has developed a rumble at low speed, seems to be clutch or belt vibrating between 4000-5500 rpm then disappears. Any ideas where to look? belt to tight or loose? belt looks good, no chunks out or tears or anything. any info is appreciated, thanks, wildmann

you may have the same issue that i have. it is a crap track design. i have the 1.25 ripsaw on my 2010 gt venture. i only have a metal peice every 8 inches or so. if you look between the square holes there is a bout a 4 inch peice of rubber that when it comes around it hits and is causing my vibration,feels like a rubber cog and pretty bad track noise. the long rubber on mine actually has a burn mark on them i was told the design is meant to ride on a layer of snow and lubricate that way but i am in -30c weather and lots of snow so i guess it doesn't work well. now belive me i am no expert but had another venture owner tell me all about it and my ski doo buddies are blown away at how bad a design it is. the sled is new to me i bought mine with 700 kms on it and have clutch problems right now but am learning about the faults of the machine as i go. im assuming that is why the guy was selling it and why my clutch is missing parts from him trying to set up the machine.and get a set of simmons gen 3 skis and it will handle like it is on rails. good luck and let me know what you find.

raftdaddy said:
you may have the same issue that i have. it is a crap track design. i have the 1.25 ripsaw on my 2010 gt venture. i only have a metal peice every 8 inches or so. if you look between the square holes there is a bout a 4 inch peice of rubber that when it comes around it hits and is causing my vibration,feels like a rubber cog and pretty bad track noise. the long rubber on mine actually has a burn mark on them i was told the design is meant to ride on a layer of snow and lubricate that way but i am in -30c weather and lots of snow so i guess it doesn't work well. now belive me i am no expert but had another venture owner tell me all about it and my ski doo buddies are blown away at how bad a design it is. the sled is new to me i bought mine with 700 kms on it and have clutch problems right now but am learning about the faults of the machine as i go. im assuming that is why the guy was selling it and why my clutch is missing parts from him trying to set up the machine.and get a set of simmons gen 3 skis and it will handle like it is on rails. good luck and let me know what you find.
So are you referring to the tracks clips? Sometimes they are only clipped on every third one but I haven't noticed what mine are like but I didn't get any noticable track noise from the first ride. I know the original track on my VL was only clipped every 3rd hole and it is not a good design like you say. Hopefully you get your clutch issues fixed - from what I read on here the clutch on the Ventures is supposed to be good as is from the factory.

thanks for the info, i've been going through trying to eliminate things, since it didn't do it the first 135 miles and now it is there, gonna swap out clutch and see what happens, I did notice that the clutch spring seemed awfully soft. this sled is a new '11 holdover so it is under warranty, the dealer told me to bring it back in he'll take a look. wondering if it sitting so long without being used the spring would be shot, put new belt on and no difference. I'll keep looking, does yours disappear at higher rpm?

I don't know if you have the same clutch noise, but they all rattle and there is not much you can do about it. There is a thread on here about it. Just use the search engine. I have a '10 Venture and have a lot of track noise. Again, search the threads on here and get ready to read lots.

So are you referring to the tracks clips? Sometimes they are only clipped on every third one but I haven't noticed what mine are like but I didn't get any noticable track noise from the first ride. I know the original track on my VL was only clipped every 3rd hole and it is not a good design like you say. Hopefully you get your clutch issues fixed - from what I read on here the clutch on the Ventures is supposed to be good as is from the factory.[/quote]

yes i am,my track goes hole,clip,hole then 4 inches of solid rubber then it starts again. my clutch will be fixed tommorow and thanx. i will be doing some research on adding clips as when riding at 50 kph it is deafing and my 5 year old complains.

mine is just a low speed rumble, kind of sounds like when I was a kid and put cards in my spokes, I' ve got no noticable noise at 50mph, I had no noise until about 5 miles ago. I've eliminated the clutch rattle on my 2 vectors by adding o-rings to the pins that hold the rollers.

I heard the o ring fix doesn't last long. Maybe keep us posted about that. I'm going to check my track clips also.

raftdaddy said:
yes i am,my track goes hole,clip,hole then 4 inches of solid rubber then it starts again. my clutch will be fixed tommorow and thanx. i will be doing some research on adding clips as when riding at 50 kph it is deafing and my 5 year old complains.
Mine is clipped every third one but all the windows (I think that's the term) are open - sounds like you have a different track than mine. Mine is plenty noisy as well but I can't say if it's the engine or the track. Took my wife for her 1st ride today and she found it quieter than the VL.

wildmann said:
mine is just a low speed rumble, kind of sounds like when I was a kid and put cards in my spokes, I' ve got no noticable noise at 50mph, I had no noise until about 5 miles ago. I've eliminated the clutch rattle on my 2 vectors by adding o-rings to the pins that hold the rollers.

the funny thing is i finally got my clutch together properly and i have the exact same thing. i bought mine with 700kms on it and it started off with my first ride i smoked a belt so i concentrated on the clutch and thought my main problem was there with the track being noisey. the groomer is out now and on a groomed trail i really feel the track rumble big time.im pretty sure it showed up at 800kms on mine now that i think about it. i just wrote it off as belt and clutch.ive had a few guys with more experiance all tell me crappy track design,complain to yamaha and buy an arctic cat track?? and if it is a problem it will surface what it is eventually. i don't care for that idea but i gotta ride it. if you find a fix let me know.

Drove it about 100 miles on sat. , the noise all but disappeared by the end of the run. put on 30 miles this morning, had no rumble at the start, at the end of the run had a little rumble upon decelleration, still thinkin primary spring. didn't get to swap out clutch as my buddy with the clutch puller headed for cooke city fri. nite, I'll wait til he gets back & put the vector clutch on and see what happens. as far as it being the track, the noise on my 2 vectors and rx-1 isn't any different than the venture

sounds like we are talking about two diffrent things,my buddy did tell me that i wouldn't feel the belt rumble as it is moving to fast on a smooth pulley. if its rumble its track,i have no idea though. reading over the posts if it sounds like a card in spokes more of a tick vs rumble could be reverse not fully disengaged. i know mine is more like a rubber cog feel. good luck though ill be keeping my eye on this thread.

Just wondering if it makes a difference it is fully clipped or not. I just asked someone in the general section who put on a fully clipped track.

I guess maybe i'm used to the track noise cause all I ride is yamaha 4 stroke, i have 4 now, 2 vectors, 1 rx-1, and the venture gt. I did notice while riding my buddys renegade 800 that the engine seemed incredibly loud and vibrated, maybe I need to ride some other sleds to get a better idea on noise and vibration, however, having owned 5 yami 4-strokes in the past that the sound i was hearing was not normal, gonna remove the spacers on the secondary to see if that eliminates this rumble completely, i'll let u know what happens, A friend of mine did tell me to check the hard rubber bumpers on the front of the slide rails to make sure they were tight, his wifes attack had those loosen up and was making a rumbling noise, he replaced the rivots with bolts and it disappeared.

Back