• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamaha release poll

Are you disappointed or impressed with the 2011 Yamaha release?

• Disappointed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impressed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was looking to buy a new sled, current sled is 05 rx1. I can't justify spending that kind of money on a sled that might get used for 3 months. Just like any other new vehicle I will never be able to afford a new one. my 2 cents worth!!

Don't think about the price. Let's all imagine pricing was the unchanged and now, do you like the actual sled or don't you? It's not about spending the cash or not, cause you don't have to buy it. You either like it or you don't. I like it. Great job Yamaha. I'll buy a used one in three years. Apex xtx/se shocks

Mighty said:
A better poll would be; are you buying a new sled and if so what brand............Otherwise what's the point of this?? Buyers get the manufacturers attention, not tire kickers........

set-up the poll, i would but don't how to do it

I like what they have done with the Apex. The price is a little high and I think that it doesn't have enough extra horsepower for most Apex owners to upgrade to the new model.

I do like the sled too, I was just hoping that there was some shocking last minute surprise under the hood that no one knew about during the demo rides earlier this month...like a supercharger.

I'd consider a used one in a few years, from the States.

Liking it and if you can afford it are to different things. We all would like a new corvette , but most of us can only afford a aveo sedan. LOL !!! Thats what the real problem is

Cobalt said:
....I do think the price on the 2011 is a little insane!

As I posted in another thread......2010 R1 LE bike MSRP = $14,500. Why is the sled price that out of line?

BooBoo said:
Liking it and if you can afford it are to different things. We all would like a new corvette , but most of us can only afford a aveo sedan. LOL !!! Thats what the real problem is

I agree. Lets not blame personal economic situations on the cost of things. The majority of people have to save up for larger purchases.

Like the new apex- I think a 10% price increase would have been more acceptable to most- wish they would have updated some on the other models.

The new Apex seems like an awesome sled, but for 14,000-15,000, NO thank you. I will be keeping my 06 RTX for a long time. I would not spend more than 9-10k for a new sled.

im disappointed in yamaha sleds for this year...i have been a yami owner for 20 yrs ...but my expectations are always high because i know they can do better...i wont ever own another brand though... just wish they made a apex based mountain sled that weighed less...not a big market there though since most people ride trails..i think the next sled ill buy will be a nytro mountain...

apltx08 said:
I'm somewhat satisfied...but a little concerned on LONG term maintenance...you use to have a steering with a bunch of tie rods and bushing...now we have "EPS" how is it going to hold up and when it fails how much to fix! the exhaust system had headers, donuts and rear exhaust...now WOW! take a look...how is this going to respond to all the ABUSE, snow, ice and again HOW much to up keep...YAM use to be WRENCH freindly but now their starting to be like a "BMW" where you'll have to bring her to the dealer everytime she breaks down cuz of all this HIGH tech crap to get a few extra pony's that will end up costing the owner BIG bucks for maintenance...YAM use to have a descent RELIABLE cheap to up-keep sled...I guess will have to see in the next few years how they'll hold up! time will tell! will just keep riding my good old '08...

1000% agree...to much high tech crap is never a good thing!!

buddah2 said:
Cobalt said:
....I do think the price on the 2011 is a little insane!

As I posted in another thread......2010 R1 LE bike MSRP = $14,500. Why is the sled price that out of line?
You're being ignored Jim and I really wish you'd stop bothering me with facts as I've already made up my mind. :moon:

Back