• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Apex MCX Project

machzrobbie

Expert
Well I started my new project today - 290 MCX kit on my 12 Apex. I didn't plan to boost the sled right away when I first bought it - but I fell in love with it in the garage.......and well now my old turbo sled is back to a stocker - turbo kit is gone and a new MCX kit is in a box on the garage floor! :4STroke:

Attachments

• DSC06874 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC06874 [1024x768].JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7431.jpg
    IMG_7431.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 147

Are you thinking about aftermarket seat? So nice to work on a clean brand new sled.

Clutching will be the same as on my previous sled, I use a team clutch and supertips. Going to stick with the stock seat, got everything under the tunnel as far as tunnel protectors in place so I can stud her up good. Motor went back together last night. I took the night off tonight to spend some time with my wife as I have been in the garage the past 4 nights.

machzrobbie said:
Clutching will be the same as on my previous sled, I use a team clutch and supertips. Going to stick with the stock seat, got everything under the tunnel as far as tunnel protectors in place so I can stud her up good. Motor went back together last night. I took the night off tonight to spend some time with my wife as I have been in the garage the past 4 nights.
Nice pic's.
I see the left tunnel protector is gone in that pic. Did that eventaully get put back in over the top of the charge tube (like you mention) or does that get deleted with this MCX?
Reason I ask is I now know that on their latest Nytro kit you can't run tunnel protectors, you have to take them out per directions, so makes that kit pretty much useless for trail riding with studs...

mbarryracing said:
machzrobbie said:
Nice pic's.
I see the left tunnel protector is gone in that pic. Did that eventaully get put back in over the top of the charge tube (like you mention) or does that get deleted with this MCX?
Reason I ask is I now know that on their latest Nytro kit you can't run tunnel protectors, you have to take them out per directions, so makes that kit pretty much useless for trail riding with studs...

Nytro kits have tunnel protectors in them and run studs, 180 kit and 240 also.

mbarryracing said:
machzrobbie said:
Nice pic's.

The directions say to take them out on the Apex as well but I have them back in. Shimmed them down 1/2 inch at the front and dropped about and inch at the back. Ther's lots of room to run some long studs, this baby is going to have lots of traction :D

Super Sled said:
Man it must take brass cajones to cut up a brand new sled, lol!! But this thread is awesome.

I've built a few superchargers and turbo's now and this is the best build yet! :Rockon: I should have it fired up tomorrow, I finished up the gauges and wiring tonight, still have to throw the skid and track back in, fuel pump and intercooler on then modify the exhuast covers at the back. I'm starting to get really pumped! The best part is coming in out of the garage with clean hands because everything is new!!!! :4STroke:

stone88 said:
stone,
apparently not any more. The last MCX Nytro one I just did recently we had to take out the oem protectors and the kit didn't come with any.

mbarryracing said:
stone88 said:
stone,
apparently not any more. The last MCX Nytro one I just did recently we had to take out the oem protectors and the kit didn't come with any.

2 of my buddys just did 180 kits, tunnel protectors intact. :Rockon:
Come on Rob hurry up lots of snow up north. :yam:

Back