• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Arctic Cat Awsome !!

King44

Extreme
I'm a die hard yamaha guy but you have to admit that the 1100 Turbo in pearl white will be the coolest looking sled next year. I never thought I'd say that but man ( 177 hp) that's sweet.

Big deal.......Vectors are white.
I should edit in that i'm not giving you a hard time, i'm just tired of hearing about the new Cats in general. I really don't see what's so great. A green Rev with a turbo.

This is still a good thing even for you die-hard yammi fans.
Competition might motivate Yamaha to step up their game.

I am rather neutral when it comes to brand preference. IMO AC has by far the most impressive 2012 release (atleast the mountain sleds that I am primarily looking at). They seem to have addressed many issues and offer several new useful features. Top it off with the most interesting and informative website, and I would say they have done a bang up job.

greenthumb said:
This is still a good thing even for you die-hard yammi fans.
Competition might motivate Yamaha to step up their game.

I am rather neutral when it comes to brand preference. IMO AC has by far the most impressive 2012 release (atleast the mountain sleds that I am primarily looking at). They seem to have addressed many issues and offer several new useful features. Top it off with the most interesting and informative website, and I would say they have done a bang up job.

Well said.

Seems every year one of the manufacturers gets the spot light. 2012 will definitely go to cat. I've always hated the diamond drive and after seeing them going back to chain and throwing in a killer design, all I can say is hats off to Cat. Growing pains or not, I'm sure they will do well and maybe someday I'll mute the lawnmower sound in my head of their turbo 1100 and benefit of everything else they have to offer.

Dan

Just an observation from last night reading about new cats (wife had tv on HGTV so I grabbed the coputer). They do look really sharp especially black 50th with retro paint job, love it. Looking at the perfornance line and the crossover line there are 23 sleds offered. Of the 23 sleds there is (1) 500 model, (5) 800 model, and (17) 1100 models. Of the (17) 1100 models (7) of them are turbo. If I'm not mistaken the 1100 without turbo is like a 600cc class sled. So I've heard a lot of hype about how cats are going light, ok. Thats (6) sleds out of (23) lighter. Here is the part that makes me smile and why I'm holding on to my '06 RTX. On a swedish site the cat weights were posted and 1100 turbo at 550 lbs dry and my apex is 560 all day long w/ oil gas (how much gas I don't know.) They really aren't offering anything to me that I didn't get six years ago. Don't get me wrong I think it looks like they have some nice sleds, but in this economy, I'll keep my Apex. The prices for all new sleds are crazy. Just my thoughts.

Somebody has to buy the "first year" sleds. Or else there will never be a 2nd year sled.

I think they have this chassis figured out. It doesn't look all that different than the sno pro chassis of the last few years. And the motors are not new anyways.

So what really is there to go wrong?

talked to Glen hall. this sled has been tested for four years. Plus they tested a lot of stuff on the snowcross track.

there could be issues but they have a lot riding on this sled. I hope they have the bugs worked out.

Back