• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Phazer RTX cant get idle to lower from 2200 RPM

ATC 83

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 FX Nytro RTX SE
I've got a 2012 Phazer RTX with 2800 miles on it that the idle stopped going down from about 2200 RPM on startup to about 1800 RPM when the engine is warm. It doesn't mater how long I ride it or how warm the engine is it always idles at about 2200 RPM. You can turn the idle screw in or out all the way but it doesn't change the idle. I've taken the air box oft and checked to make sure all the hoses are attached correctly and I've taken the idle screw out and made sure that it was operating correctly but there's still no change. The sled isn't throwing any codes either. I've also taken the CDI out and swapped it with another one and there is no change. It's strange because it just happened one day when I was ridding when I started out it was fine and about half way through the ride it started idling high. I've been riding it with the high idle for about two week and it runs great but it just wont idle down from about 2200 RPM. If anybody has any thought about what it might be let me know because I'm stumped.

I've checked the free play it's adjusted correctly. It's almost like there's a sensor that's not reading correctly and it thinks the engine isn't warmed up and needs high idle.

The cold start fast idle is controlled by a thermostatic valve that bleeds in extra air based on coolant temp. I've had this issue on a few Japanese vehicles due to low coolant. Without hot coolant circulating through the throttle body they wouldn't idle down. Once the air got burped out they were fine. I've never heard off this on a Phazer but anything is possible.

If you pop the air filter out you should be able to reach inside the airbox and plug this hole with your thumb when running. This port is for the idle control. If the idle doesn't drop way down low then air is getting in from somewhere else.

Screenshot_20220216-062615_Gallery.jpg

Back