• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 SE Snowtrackers

steiner

Staff member
My buddy just picked up his 2012 Se. His first trip was straight to my garage. He said " Make it handle and ride just as good or better than my old sled". His old sled was a 06 Apex ER which had HID's, studs and aggressive Snowtrackers and few other goodies.
So my question is to those that have a 2012 SE and given the addition of EPS and the slight different ski position over his old sled, would one still use the aggressive or go to the semi-aggressive?
I will be studding the track with 2 studs per window and using the V pattern. He drives what I consider "mild/aggressive" which means fast enough to have fun but slow enough to go to work the next day.
He rides the groomed wooded twisties and lake crossings.

go agressive just be sure they are for the 12 and newer sled there is a diffrence.

steiner said:
My buddy just picked up his 2012 Se. His first trip was straight to my garage. He said " Make it handle and ride just as good or better than my old sled". His old sled was a 06 Apex ER which had HID's, studs and aggressive Snowtrackers and few other goodies.
So my question is to those that have a 2012 SE and given the addition of EPS and the slight different ski position over his old sled, would one still use the aggressive or go to the semi-aggressive?
I will be studding the track with 2 studs per window and using the V pattern. He drives what I consider "mild/aggressive" which means fast enough to have fun but slow enough to go to work the next day.
He rides the groomed wooded twisties and lake crossings.

I would go with the tuners. I picked up a set from WPG Sport and Leisure. Just over $3 bills out the door. I didn't go that aggressive on the carbides though. I was kicking myself for selling you my old Snowtrackers last year and going with the Dartless. I changed to the Tuners this year. Love them as much if not better than the Snow Trackers.

Still lovin' your old Snowtrackers on my Vector. ;):D
Thot about the tuners but know enough about them. If we both had the same sled I would learn to tune them and then get him into them if I liked them.
I ususally go with what I know. What I don't know is how these new Yamaha skis, EPS and set back will handle with the Snowtrackers.
I'm hoping that they will be just as good and predictable for him as they where in his older sled.

I have agressive's on my 12 standard, set toe to 0 and smile. If he has had the Tracker's he will want them again and still cheaper.

every year i talk with the owner of snowtracker

he always tell me go with the agressive

i just buy one today on my 2011 128 i hope i have the chance to try the tuner but right now they are back order

Back