• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 vector Ltd 2" riser and 2" seat lift

Gary Roc

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Vector Ltx
Had anyone else tried a 2" riser and barn of parts 2" seat kit together. My legs get cramped up on long rides and I cannot stand up without bending over. Other than that I love the sled would like to keep it. Just can't ride over 100 miles a day

well i have the seat concepts (wrp) with a +4" riser on my 2016 apex xtx. it is easyer on my knees and hips. the +4" lake effect is to help with my carpel tunnel as my hands go numb faster at stock height. the +2" riser will keep the bars at the same height as what they are now. i do know that they are using softer foam now than in the past as my brother has the same seat from a 06 apex and his seat foam was much stiffer than mine was.

Thanks for your reply. I am fairly new to the sport and am just learning about different modifications from this great forum. I will go ahead with the seat concepts and try the 2 inch riser. Just trying to avoid having to lengthen the cables.

I am 6’1” and a 2 inch riser helps, I have often thought a higher would be nice but have not done so 2/2 the cable Extensions like you. I think the 4 inch seat is the way to go and hope to try this winter on my APEX.

Wait wait wait....we can get seat risers?

I sell the seat concepts seat kits which is a taller foam. Foam is also denser than oem, so the overall gain is more than 2" since you don't sink in it as far.

I sell the seat concepts seat kits which is a taller foam. Foam is also denser than oem, so the overall gain is more than 2" since you don't sink in it as far.

well the one i got last year was softer than my stock seat as i was sinking into it farther.

to the op, +2" barely needs any changes.

i run a lake effect +3" on the 11 xtx and +4" on the 16 xtx with all the stock lines and cables. the +3" just involved moving the throttle cable under the bars instead of over them and pulling some slack in the wiring and brake hose. the +4" requires some more drastic measures. it needs the throttle cable taken out of all the routings clips/hoops and then re connected under the bars to the throttle lever. there is enough slack in the wiring once you straighten out the harness. the park brake cable needs to be re routed. the brake line works but it needs the fitting re clocked on the caliper a bit and you have to either fab a new mount or use a tie wrap to hold where it mounts on the coolant tank by the chain case.

What maim said, and I'm at +5 on 2 sleds. WRP seat on my 11 and old school Boss Hirise Flattop on the other. Zero issue with either in close to 20,000 miles.

I will contact you soon, as I found it on your wedsite. I tried the soft start spring last season and it made a big difference loading and unloading and low speed driving. Thanks

Gary,

I did the WRP/Seat Concepts seat on my 2012 Apex and 2.5 PowerMadd Riser (as I didn't want to change cables either) And there are good comparison pics and video on my YouTube channel. The seats are not identical that year, but very similar. I think the Vector in 2012 had the old Apex style seat. But the ergos are the same in the handlebars.

I hope this helps. I have shared it here plenty and it helped others. It's got over 8500 views, so it must be a popular question.

2012 Vector Seat/exhaust
2012-Yamaha-RS-Vector-exhaust-pipes.jpg

I have done the plus 4 riser on my APEX with zero issues, just routed the throttle cable under the bar like maim said. Doing the seat concept seat in October, happy birthday present to me.
bar riser.jpg

Gary,

I did the WRP/Seat Concepts seat on my 2012 Apex and 2.5 PowerMadd Riser (as I didn't want to change cables either) And there are good comparison pics and video on my YouTube channel. The seats are not identical that year, but very similar. I think the Vector in 2012 had the old Apex style seat. But the ergos are the same in the handlebars. Thanks for the info.and great video

I hope this helps. I have shared it here plenty and it helped others. It's got over 8500 views, so it must be a popular question.

2012 Vector Seat/exhaust
2012-Yamaha-RS-Vector-exhaust-pipes.jpg

I have a 2" higher seat ordered from seat concepts for my 14 Vector LTX. I am 6' 1". I told them to not make it as hard as they normally do as I like the softness of stock I just wanted it 2" higher. I have yet to order the 2" riser. Who do you guys recommend for a 2" riser? Don't need anything special just to match the aluminum of the stock one.

The problem with your request to them, is the firmness is what makes it taller more than anything. The stock seat squishes too much. I really don't think they make different densities of foam. You will be happy with their upgrade, it's still comfortable even though more firm. Honestly the stock seats, although comfortable, on long rides actually caused chaffing for me. So I like this change.

The PowerMadd 2.5" pivot is probably the least expensive riser upgrade that still allows you to use the stock riser, and chrome ring as well as pad on top. So you keep a stock look.

Back