• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 vector monoskid in my RX-1 adjustment question

Brian A

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
I put a skid from a 2012 Vector in my RX-1 recently.

I like it a lot, but after a few rides I realize that its riding hard. Not bottoming out thank god.

I think I just need to adjust the clicker shock but don't know anything about it.

How do I adjust it for a softer ride? Which way do I turn the knob?

I just left it as is when I bought the skid.

Or maybe I need to have the shock re-valved?

I will do this in the offseason , just wondering if I am on the right track or is there something else I should be looking at

I am 6'5" 265 lbs

thanks

You can adjust the mono shock manually with a #1 Robertson short screwdriver. I believe there are 20 clicks in the adjustment. If you turn clockwise until the adjustment stops, that is full hard, and all the way counter-clockwise is full soft. I found that a softer ride is about 10-12 clicks from soft, after 12 clicks you will notice the ride becoming stiffer. If you bottom out, then stiffen the shock or increase the preload, or move the retainer clip to position 2 or 3. You may also need the Big Boy spring and the shock revalved depending on your situation.

This is a mono shock out of a 2009 Vector . If you look top right side this is where you would insert the Robertson square tip and adjust it . The mono only provides Rebound adjustment ! So yes turn to the left and it will be softer but the rebound will kick the shock right up your As... What thrasher Said was correct you want to stay in that 8 to 12 click from full soft . Otherwise it rebounds to slowly and reacts stiffer.
I would go on Barn of parts website and find his progressive big boy spring and install it . This will help the ride immensely ! he also sells an adjuster kit that hooks right to the shock. Easy adjustment and no cable to break .

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 82
Thanks. I have a black plastic knob there on the shock.

I will check out the big boy spring. I thought it was a stronger spring if you weigh too much for the stock spring and it bottoms out but if its a progressive rate spring then I can see how it would help.

Like I said I am not bottoming out, just looking for the softest ride possible for my old back.

Thanks

Ok thanks. There is a black knob at the top end of the shock, I thought that was for the adjustment?
You have the newer type shock like I have,see attachedF755B662-82D6-4A87-86A3-85764DC299E1.png0FDF40D9-5E7B-4046-84DC-2DEE1AC7AC67.png

Back