• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Vector No Start after teardown

Tessie11

Lifetime Member
Hi folks have a 2012 Vector that will not turnover, turn key on gauges come on and hear fuel pump relay cycle and then I hear a sound at front of sled whining sound. I had the sled apart to do front end bushings and bearings. Put it back together tried to crank and it did a few times but now all i get is the whining sound. Battery is new and I also tried another battery and same issue, any thoughts. I have checked the electrical connections at the Rectifier & Regulator as well as the Power Storage where the whining sound is coming from.

Hi folks have a 2012 Vector that will not turnover, turn key on gauges come on and hear fuel pump relay cycle and then I hear a sound at front of sled whining sound. I had the sled apart to do front end bushings and bearings. Put it back together tried to crank and it did a few times but now all i get is the whining sound. Battery is new and I also tried another battery and same issue, any thoughts. I have checked the electrical connections at the Rectifier & Regulator as well as the Power Storage where the whining sound is coming from.

Whining?? So it sounds like the wife? LOL, it wont crank over it just whines?

Will not crank, sound might be coming from the Starter relay possibly? If this are not working properly do they click or make the whining noise like it is trying to connect. I assume the starter relay is only available from Yamaha or do you know if an auto parts store may carry?

Will not crank, sound might be coming from the Starter relay possibly? If this are not working properly do they click or make the whining noise like it is trying to connect. I assume the starter relay is only available from Yamaha or do you know if an auto parts store may carry?

Usually they just click, you can jump the relay with a wire and see if it turns over.

2010 RS vector Ltd gt
Replaced the oil pressure sensor because I had oil pressure sensor code on the screen so the new one came and installed now the machine won’t even start the fuel pump sounds normal when key is turned to on and cranks good but she ain’t starting. I changed oil and filter with fresh ones and oil level is at mark. I have quarter tank of gas in it so I’m assuming that it should have enough fuel to pump in the fuel line to fire it up but still nothing. I’m running out of ideas any input would be great.

2010 RS vector Ltd gt
Replaced the oil pressure sensor because I had oil pressure sensor code on the screen so the new one came and installed now the machine won’t even start the fuel pump sounds normal when key is turned to on and cranks good but she ain’t starting. I changed oil and filter with fresh ones and oil level is at mark. I have quarter tank of gas in it so I’m assuming that it should have enough fuel to pump in the fuel line to fire it up but still nothing. I’m running out of ideas any input would be great.

put more gas in it and make sure it’s not flooded.

I am familiar with the issues that small northern communities can have with gas quality. Do your best to insure that you have good gas ... a small shot of starter fluid might help.

Back