• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 XTX Heading for the Hills?

N87Turbo

Hey guys, this is my first sled (2012 Nytro XTX) ans so far Im loving every minute of it, but also learning a lot. Have a hard time finding what I should do for my clutch setup for my upcoming trip to the Black Hills in SD. Im currently at an elevation of 1300-1400ft and out there will be 4000-6500ft range. So what setup should I go with? Also any links, websites or helpful tips for doing it myself?
Thanks

you could just ride as is. you will drop about 400 RPM's I know the off trail out there is still quite scary so droppin 400 r's on trail is no big deal. if you were able to boondock I personally would replace the primary spring and leave weights as is
Ill be at the hills the 22nd and 23rd maybe see you there

So Id be fine just changing the primary spring, Im sure we'll be off trail most of the time but I dont know. Ill be out there march 2-5th!

Thats what I do. I have only been to the Big horns with my xtx so I do not know what spring rate to go with. I would say Green Pink Green. Heres the link for springs. new sleds use the long springs
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... prings.htm

Or you just drill out the steel rivot on the tip of the cam arms. this will also bring your r's up. depends on what you prefer

I just came back from hills, ran 13.9 steel in inner hole, 10.3 steel center hole and left outer hole open, stock spring , ran like a champ, did offtrail and trailriding. I wish I could go back out this weekend :4STroke:

Rough rider is 13.9 and 10.3 stock in the inner and middle holes?

I will be out there feb 22nd thru 25th. If you see a pack of all yamaha's its me. 4 nytros, 3 vectors, 1 phazer, and 2 vmax yami's!

And I dont mess with a thing to go out to the hills. I notice a bit of difference but not enough for me to change anything.

I live in the Black Hills and I just run my sled stock. It runs great. We just got a big dump of snow last weekend and looks like we are supposed to get a little more this week. The snow took awhile to come, but it is getting really good now. I try and ride every weekend, but sometimes I don't have anyone to ride with so it sort of sucks.

stone9 a 10.3 steel is std in the inner hole and a 17.2 is std on middle and outer hole, With the deep snow out there now u will want a few more rpms on top end, ,like i said in previos post 13.9 inner 10.3 center and none outer, should work great for u unless u have a bunch of mods, :yam:

Thanks for the info guys! Maybe Ill just leave it as is for my first time out and see how she does.

Yamaha Y-S-Y primary spring and Yamaha 39* helix in the secondary will get you spot on and be good for both trail riding and off trail riding.

It has been snowing hard on and off all morning. More snow is expected tonight and tomorrow and that is on top of 12-18" of fresh snow last weekend. Considering there was a base under that the snow is going to be AMAZING in the Black Hills this weekend. :)

Back