• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha rs venture gt

Chef-nb1

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha venture
Hey looking for any and all info on this sled. Looking at one with 7500 km , looks mint . Thanks for any comments

I have a '10 GT and love it. Very comfy sled and rides like a sofa. Yours should have EPS (electronic power steering), which is basically the only difference with mine. It ain't no ditch banger or speed demon however a good trail rider that can still hit 140-150 km/h.

These are my own experiences.

- Check that the shocks are still good, especially the rear skid's. Mine was totally worn out and needed a rebuild. It was also missing the adjustment knob, probably ripped off by a branch or rock. Bounce the rear and if there is little resistance, it's done. All are rebuildable and adjustable, which is one thing that the TF doesn't have.

- Check the coolant level and if possible, ride it hard at full throttle. Mine had a blown head gasket and was puking coolant only at WOT. Compression and everything else was normal.

- Check the A-arm bushings and steering in general for slop.

- Be aware that some complain about track howl at certain speeds (50-70 km/h). Mine has it however it has a 1.5" lug track whereas the original is 1.25". If it bothers you, it can be mitigated with ear plugs, noise cancelling ear buds or Quiet Muffs.

- If it has studs, check the tunnel protectors at the lower front. Mine were loose and rattled. I wound up taking them out as they interfered with the 1.5" lugs and I don't use studs.

- Check for leaking exhaust donuts by blocking both exhausts with your hands with gloves or rags while idling. If it stalls, they're good.

I have a '10 GT and love it. Very comfy sled and rides like a sofa. Yours should have EPS (electronic power steering), which is basically the only difference with mine. It ain't no ditch banger or speed demon however a good trail rider that can still hit 140-150 km/h.

- Check that the shocks are still good, especially the rear skid's. Mine was totally worn out and needed a rebuild. It was also missing the adjustment knob, probably ripped off by a branch or rock. Bounce the rear and if there is little resistance, it's done. All are rebuildable and adjustable, which is one thing that the TF doesn't have.

- Check the coolant level and if possible, ride it hard at full throttle. Mine had a blown head gasket and was puking coolant only at WOT. Compression and everything else was normal.

- Be aware that some complain about track howl at certain speeds (50-70 km/h). Mine has it however it has a 1.5" lug track whereas the original is 1.25". If it bothers you, it can be mitigated with ear plugs, noise cancelling ear buds or Quiet Muffs.

- If it has studs, check the tunnel protectors at the lower front. Mine were loose and rattled. I wound up taking them out as they interfered with the 1.5" lugs and I don't use studs.

- Check for leaking exhaust donuts by blocking both exhausts with your hands with gloves or rags while idling. If it stalls, they're good.

Thank you for the tips on what to look for , I ha e it at the local dealer to have it gone over before the deal is done. I will be sure to get the questions on what you told me checked out. Really appreciate the information

Definitely a track Drone or howl. Other then that great reliable sled. I have a 09,11,13 Gts .

Great sled. It's a trail cruiser with decent power. I have a 2013 gt and turned over 15,000 miles this season. Love the electronic power steering. Trouble free mileage with regular maintenance.

Back