• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

But that's how the OEMs make their money...on the comeback, ie. Idlers, sliders, exhaust donuts, bushings, etc.

PureBlue said:
The US Patents ( ;)! ) site has some interesting things from yamaha, if you can understand what there talking about

Gotta link? I just did a few patent searches and came up with nothing new.

Boy I see ALOT of patents pointing to a Snow Bike type vehicle, Many them around the same time as the patents that were incorporated into the 2011 Apex (2007 patent date). SO it looks like they prototype atleast 3-4 years in advance. Another site I try to watch is the California EPA site, usually new engines pop-up on there under emissions testing.

A google patent search lets you bring up the drawings. Lots on the snow bike type vehicle for sure. Some of the swing arm type track rear suspension drawings are interesting looking.
Two standouts for me are 1. a patent aimed at reducing the weight/size of tha 4-stroke engine. 2. a patent on a front suspension, ski and track design that allows a conventional layout snowmobile to lean into turns or sidehill like a motorcycle.

I'm hopeing for an EPS Venture with an Apex Motor, or a good looking 2 up seat for the Apex XTX.

I had my little guy (5 years old) out with me on my sled(Venture 4 stroke) today and it was a lot of fun and I can see myself doing a lot more of it, but I want more power.

Maxout01 said:
If the rumors are true and Yamaha stops building sleds soon, then there's no way they will come out with anything to outdoo the competitions sleds. Frankly with already being behind, if they are going to give up on sleds then we've all seen the best they got. I don't ever want to see them give up but kinda get the feeling it may be true.. sucks
behind? what??

The next big thing to hit the sleds builders is the EPA clamping down on methane produce by sled engines.Depending on how this plays out,yamaha may be well ahead of the competition.

Here a sample screen shot from the above link....

Attachments

• patent pic.jpg
    patent pic.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 114
wow, now we're talkin -- something in the skid to keep it flat to the snow & maybe a cool # 5 and 6 - triple carbide skis ??

hmmmmmmm ......

Track design in that patent is like a snowhawk track, taller lugs in the center. shorter at the sides. Looks like it uses up front susp. travel in the lean. I think it looks like phazer just as a generic snowmobile for parts not covered by the patent.
My bro said he saw a patent for a lightweight, revised cooling system on there last year. That and the patent to drop part of the cylinder bore into the crankcase (shortening and lightening the engine) I like the most out of what I found.

Back