• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 apex xtx drag n fly setup

Kelly1507

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Apex rtx
hey guys just looking to see if anyone is running drag n fly heel clicker clutching in the apex xtx. I want to install my kit but can't find any info for this sled setup. Any help would be great

Yes I am. I had this kit in my 07 rtx and it rocked. You think I should just try them first to see where I stand?

I have a set up for the attack. I will post when I get home

should be close

brother did my 2011 but mine is clutched for off trail and started at the same settings as he did on his 05 rx war. i need more tip weight as it hits the limiter in powder but hooks like an animal on trail.

running a 50/41 dalton helix with stock secondary spring. primary, black spring with 5 grams of heel weight and about 2-1/2 grams in the tip. had to go to hardware store to get heavy enough bolts for heels.

Go to the hardware store and get some 1/4-28 allen head set screws for finer adjustment than what is included in the kit. I have 4 different lengths.
Stock secondary
Black hc primary spring
bolt + washer in the heel
bolt in the center
1/2" set screw in the tip
bolt + washer in the OD
Total weight 73. 0 grams

This is a proven set up for the Apex. Slight tuning may still be needed for you application. I actually tried a Softer secondary spring, sliver I believe, in a short track and it worked very well

Back