• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Nytro XTX Stock front shocks Setting

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
IMG_3581.JPG
hi guys.

Just wondering what everyone is running for front shock spring setting for trail riding?
Just trying to find a good starting point.

I'm about 275lbs dressed if that matters.
And I do have the added Wieght of the charger as well.

Here's a pic of front shock set up now . Ran last winter.

I've talked a few people and they say my control arms should be more arched down?

Thanks
Jason's

I'm 260 with gear and run mine about 5mm preload. So take load off shocks loosen until spring is just loose then tighten about 5mm down on adjuster and lock in place. I then add in compression or rebound as needed.

Pete

I don't have a set but I don't believe them shocks are adjustable comp/rebound like the gyt ones are. Still a good starting point though, may have to adjust a little for fine tuning, or send them somewhere for a revalve so the Compression and rebound are better for his weight/ riding style.

Yes mine have been revalved by Hygear for me and I have the triple rate springs.

Pete

No my shocks are only spring adjustable. No rebound adjustment.

Herndop do you not run it bottoming. That seems pretty loose?
Your springs must be at top of threads then?

I was thinking if you compress the spring more it will extend the shock out more so that you would get more travel before the shock is collapsed.

To me if the spring is loose or almost at top of shock threads that there’s not much compression left and shock just collapsed closed.

Am I right or am I missing something ?

Back