• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 VK Professioal wiring problems

Eric Wallaker

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Viking professional
My 2013 professional suddenly went into limp mode and wouldn't shut off when I turned off the key,it shut off when I hit the kill switch. Tried starting it the next day and the battery was dead. Got a new battery for it as that was still the original and 7 winters is pretty good for where I live. Started it still in limp mode still won't shut off with the key but does with the kill switch and the next day my new battery is dead. I'm thinking a short in the wiring somewhere any ideas?

If I am not mistaken the kill switch does not put a Yamaha to sleep the way it does with other makes. So as I read your story I knew the second battery was a goner also. I'd start by pulling the ignition, it sure sounds to me that it could be that simple.

Welcome to TY. Looks to me like Denare Beach is ice fishing heaven.

If I am not mistaken the kill switch does not put a Yamaha to sleep the way it does with other makes. So as I read your story I knew the second battery was a goner also. I'd start by pulling the ignition, it sure sounds to me that it could be that simple.

Welcome to TY. Looks to me like Denare Beach is ice fishing heaven.

Thanks for the information. That will be my first thing to check. Yes ice fishing is pretty good around here,lots of lakes and plenty of species northern pike, walleye, lake trout, burbot, and stocked lakes with rainbow trout, speckled trout and small mouth bass if you get really lucky sturgeon but I haven't heard of any of those in a few years and that was in a commercial fisherman's net.

sounding to me like the ignition switch might be shorted internally.

Long time between posts but the snow is here and the sled is still not 100% found that the main wiring plug to the computer was dirty probably from trailering on slushy salty roads cleaned that and battery draw problem was solved. sled runs but sounds like it is in limp mode running rough won't open up. Had the carbs cleaned no difference. It isn't showing any codes but going to check the throttle position sensor next

Also make sure that the carb boots are properly installed ... I have efi but I always see the guys in the know suggest the boots get checked if one of these sleds isn't running well after carb work.

Well more testing and wire tracing done and we find that I have one dead coil and I have no power coming to that plug from the computer.Checked the wiring for continuity and they all checked out ok . Any way to test the computer

Back