• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 xtx track options

raginyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 xtx
Been a few years for me but finally getting back on the trails next year!! Got a 2013 xtx (1.25 ripsaw). Front shock broke and track damaged, why I got a good price but that’s another topic, so I need a track. Looking at backcountry or cobra ice tracks. I haven’t ridden one with a 1.75. Last one I had was a 2008 rtx 136 1.5 intense track. Anyone have any opinions on both tracks? My summer project, or my quarantine project if they close my work.... I ride mostly U.P. Michigan and off trail about 20% of the time. What is the track driver pitch on this sled too???

It's a 2.52 pitch. The 1.6 Cobra or ice Cobra would be a good choice.

Seems like it’s hard to find a 144 could I make a 146 in work??? Maybe I need to do some more searching

composit makes a 2.52 x 15" x 1-1/2" paddle track. i put one onto my 2011 apex xtx last year and it hooks up pretty well.

I had a backcountry on my xtx, now an ice cobra, both a good choice. bot sure why you say hard to find, I imagine they still make both 144 2.52

Yea there out there I just needed to sit down and look. Did you notice any differences between the 2 4strokes? Those are the 2 I’m thinking. Leaning towards the ice cobra cuz I do ride a little bit in Wisconsin and the trails do tend to be icy sometimes

I'm looking at replacing my track as well. i have the composit talon 35 (1.35") and i only got 8500km out of it.I really liked the way it worked but didn't last as long as i think it should've, i got 16000km out of the original ripsaw. lugs are starting to tear and the inside nubs are starting to tear as well, never seen that before, it is studded down the middle with no problems with pull outs. i'm now looking at a camso 144 which i think is the storm 150 2-ply (1.5") which has the shorter lugs on the outside and the 1.5" down the middle. Haven't heard too many good things for trail riding about the cobra because the lugs are soft and bend so some have had problems with them coming apart as well. good luck

Yea there out there I just needed to sit down and look. Did you notice any differences between the 2 4strokes? Those are the 2 I’m thinking. Leaning towards the ice cobra cuz I do ride a little bit in Wisconsin and the trails do tend to be icy sometimes
The bc is 1 3/4 and probably better traction in deep snow, but the worst ever on ice, at the time, the 1.6 ice cobra didn't exist. I ran the bc for 10000 miles and was perfect condition the day my extrovert spun and blew the track out. I had some dicey moments on glare ice, but basically never ride anything accept perfect conditions. I since went to the ice cobra and I think it may be better for trails and harder snow, the studs are just enough to keep you safe on glare ice if you are carefull. not even 1/3 of what studs do, but I will never stud again. I also got rid of the extroverts and run the track tighter without an issue, at least 5000 or so on the cobra. I run a star kit, uncoupled and hardly use my skis.

So it begins...
5E902E3F-689D-4838-9F99-0667F1D49F52.jpeg
FFADD8A4-AFDC-442F-8F18-45BD57557B28.jpeg

Only $ in the budget is for track, shock and any maintenance items I find... corona got my wallet pinched at the moment:(

was going to mention the star kit, but looks like you have it

The bc is 1 3/4 and probably better traction in deep snow, but the worst ever on ice, at the time, the 1.6 ice cobra didn't exist. I ran the bc for 10000 miles and was perfect condition the day my extrovert spun and blew the track out. I had some dicey moments on glare ice, but basically never ride anything accept perfect conditions. I since went to the ice cobra and I think it may be better for trails and harder snow, the studs are just enough to keep you safe on glare ice if you are carefull. not even 1/3 of what studs do, but I will never stud again. I also got rid of the extroverts and run the track tighter without an issue, at least 5000 or so on the cobra. I run a star kit, uncoupled and hardly use my skis.

Amen, I have roughly 6000 miles on my 1.6" Ice cobra and it has held up great. Back to a previous question, I think the 146" (different pitch for ProCross chassis) was a single ply verison. The 2.52 pitch was 2-ply and more durable. I could be wrong. But it seemed to follow a pattern as to who had better luck with that track.

Good luck! It will look like a monster on your sled once installed!

quite sure near all tracks are single ply now, wouldn't over think that. all in how/where you ride. without studs, I could run a track 10 or 20 thousand easy. simple, don't spin unless in snow.... I've seen tracks wasted in 50 miles many times. One time I let a friend ride one of my sleds. we road 20 miles. I looked the next day and the brand new track was missing 2/3 of the lugs.

Back