• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Viper Oil Light

jlevandoski

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE
Hey guys!

I've been riding my Viper XTX for about 1,100 miles now and have noticed that every once in a while, my oil light will turn on when I shut the sled off. Do you think it's just the system notifying me of low oil pressure (which obviously happens when you turn an engine off) or is there something else that this could be?

Thanks for your help!

I have seen that also. If you blink you will miss it. I don't think it's anything. I think its just the gauge shutting down. If you notice the screen takes a few seconds to turn off also.

My dad rides a 2011 Apex XTX which occasionally throw a LO-OP message when starting. I agree that it's just the gauge shutting down but wasn't sure. Thanks guys

I got a LTX SE with 600km on it and it started doing the same thing at around 460km..?? Not sure what it is. Good question.

To add to my last post,do you find its happening when the sled is hot? I know it doesn't do it every time I shut it down but find its happening on my longer rides or when I'm giving it hell. I'm not totally convinced its the gauge shutting down.?

It's happening when I'm really pushing the sled and giving it hell. I might talk with my dealer and see what he says. I also plan to take a look at my oil and just see where it's at as well.

I have a 2015 xtx and my sled started doing the same around 1500km. Do anyone have a update to what this could be? Its not the gauge shutting down.

i have this same problem. sometimes when shutting it off to stop for a sec the oil light will come on then i have to shut the key off for a min or two to get it to go off, and my oil is full.

Hey guys!

I've been riding my Viper XTX for about 1,100 miles now and have noticed that every once in a while, my oil light will turn on when I shut the sled off. Do you think it's just the system notifying me of low oil pressure (which obviously happens when you turn an engine off) or is there something else that this could be?

Thanks for your help!
Did you ever find out why this light is coming on? I just bought a viper and the same thing is happening just wondering why

Did anyone find out why the vipers are doing this? is it something that has to be looked at ? Or keep driving it don't worry about it ?

I am wondering the same thing. This happens for me to sometimes. It is a -14 xtx with newbuilt engine. Is it to much oil on it?

If the engine is off there is no oil pressure so when you shut off the sled notice that the gauge pod stays lite up for a few seconds so it could just be reading the pressure switch for a split second while the engine is off. I think I have noticed this before on our sleds.

Last edited:
It doesn't do it every time I turn it off Tho

I found that I didn't have enough oil in the sled. I recently did an oil change and this light has yet to show up again

Back