• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Viper XTX SE weight.

tapex_07

TY 4 Stroke Master
The tip of the largest freshwater lake, MN
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 Nytro MTX SE IMPULSE 174x3 *sold*
'14 Viper XTX SE MPI 141x1.3
'07 Apex RTX SC2 MPI 137x1.25
Hung the sled today. Full tank (can see the fuel up to the neck), fluids topped, only the stock pack with tools no belt, COMPLETELY stock from my dealer. You can take 2.3 lbs off for the straps used. The numbers don't lie.. I'm shocked at the weight, considering my 08 Nytro RTX was 609lbs..
20141009_135945.jpg
20141009_135957.jpg

Hung the sled today. Full tank (can see the fuel up to the neck), fluids topped, only the stock pack with tools no belt, COMPLETELY stock from my dealer. You can take 2.3 lbs off for the straps used. The numbers don't lie.. I'm shocked at the weight, considering my 08 Nytro RTX was 609lbs..View attachment 99271 View attachment 99272
I know this is a LTX SE but according to super trax magazine the LTX SE weighted wet, 615 pounds. So I guess the XTX is lighter..

I'm guessing the rear skid is the weight difference. Maybe they had a spare belt also? Every added piece just adds weight..
My scale is calibrated and certified too.

light weight battery and a light weight can will knock off 15-20 lbs, too bad you didn't weight it with 28L of fuel like your nytro ( should be another 24 lbs +- in extra fuel on the viper)
The other easy place to loose weight is removing the headlight assy!!!!! take off the hood and see how much it weighs.

I might do a battery, MPI turbo kit will go on, skid plates, vented panels, slydogs, belt and studs. Then I'll reweigh it and post. So around early Dec I'll have a new ride weight.

I am curious what the weight difference is once you remove the factory heavy muffle and then add the MPI? We are adding the MPI kits once they arrive. Either way its going to be fun this winter.

I am curious what the weight difference is once you remove the factory heavy muffle and then add the MPI? We are adding the MPI kits once they arrive. Either way its going to be fun this winter.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading that if you got the light muffler in the MPI kit it was around 10 pounds more

Ouch, thats a hard pill to swallow..... I was really expecting less on the scale. Not to talk about the dark side here, but a 2014 PRO RMK in the 155" configuration weighs in at a claimed weight of 417ibs..... Jesus were talking 180 pounds give or take of weight difference here....

2013 Summit SP 163 800 in Stock form with skid plate, slide kicks, belt and a full tank. Right from the dealer also.
IMAG0401_1.jpg
IMAG0400.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0401_1.jpg
    IMAG0401_1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 110
these real world weights are interesting.... That's why i said claimed weight as I figured we'd see different numbers on the scale. Rider ability makes up the difference in weight in a lot of cases i guess, thanks for those numbers, always wanted to try this for myself

I try to weigh all of my sleds before and after any modifications. If I knew someone with a new m8 162 I would have weighed it too! But I think the M8 is very close to the other 2 strokes..

Well then mine must be 597.1 #'s + 10#'s for the MPI with lightweight can + 30#'s for rear tunnel bag with 3 spare belts, full mechanics tool set, + 8 #'s for bar bag with cell phone charger, heater, GPS, flashlight + 4#'s for Evol RC2 shocks + 4 #'s for Simmons skis with 4- 8" carbide bars + 1# for Horn and Gps theft tracker + 1# for AFR and boost gauges + 25#'s for spare gas can to make it to next gas station = 680.1 oh yeah and don't forget 12#'s of boost 692.1 #'s:jump:

Its lmost right up there with my old RX-1 tons - the tunnel ice

Ouch!!!
+85 lbs vs the Pro RMK
+61lbs vs the Summit SP

I'd love to see the same Ready To Ride (RTR) setup weighing the M8 Proclimb and the M1100T for more comparisons :)

I wonder if there is any difference in the '15's and the MTX's...

or after a ride with the skids full of snow, I would be willing to bet that the viper would be close in weight then..... the track/skid cleans out amazingly well on these machines... I have seen xm and assaults after a ride and they are packed
However there is still no comparison between a 4 stroke and two stroke with weight.

Back