• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I have never seen a fast HST system. As for it dropping weight I don't know. The pump, valving and drive motor would #*$&@ some weight.

What about a double clutch gearbox like newer sports cars have. Like the GTR

yeah something "great" must be coming. HUGE discount and seemingly incredible deals on new inventory. I'm in the market for a newer style apex and 2011 - 2012 base apexs are very cheap (relatively) right now after all the rebates. but I think I will wait and see what yami actually comes out with. maybe what we or I have always thought they needed, lightweight, great handling, rider forward mid-high power 4 stroke motor with storage and a decent sized fuel tank. I like the idea of the nytro but not a 7.4 gallon tank and no storage. I like 150+ hp of the apex but do i really need that much hp for trail riding? Id like to see snappy 135-140 hp in a sled thats in the 515-525lb dry weight range with a better reverse system, 9-10 gal tank. storage, power of the nytro or even the apex with trail handling capabilities of the viper or srx. but obviously with a better suspension package. I really need to ride a newer apex to compare it to my 06 GT. 8500-9500$ for a new apex isnt a bad price IMO.

yeah something "great" must be coming. HUGE discount and seemingly incredible deals on new inventory. I'm in the market for a newer style apex and 2011 - 2012 base apexs are very cheap (relatively) right now after all the rebates. but I think I will wait and see what yami actually comes out with. maybe what we or I have always thought they needed, lightweight, great handling, rider forward mid-high power 4 stroke motor with storage and a decent sized fuel tank. I like the idea of the nytro but not a 7.4 gallon tank and no storage. I like 150+ hp of the apex but do i really need that much hp for trail riding? Id like to see snappy 135-140 hp in a sled thats in the 515-525lb dry weight range with a better reverse system, 9-10 gal tank. storage, power of the nytro or even the apex with trail handling capabilities of the viper or srx. but obviously with a better suspension package. I really need to ride a newer apex to compare it to my 06 GT. 8500-9500$ for a new apex isnt a bad price IMO.

Ak Yammy said:
Twin clutch with a gearbox is Unnecessary and would add a ton of weight. Beauty of a sled is mash the gas and go.

watch the video... you do just mash the gas and go.

Also this system is on sport bikes, i dont think it adds much weight to them. hard to say but it would work

fourload said:
Is hydrostatics more efficient than the CVT???

it has its place, but its more for work horse applications. I could be wrong but i have never seen it in a high speed machine.

sheetwright said:
Now the question is if doo releases their 160-180hp sled like the rumors are saying, can yamaha sway as many young and new riders to increase sales?

Will there be an uproar because the linear, great sounding, just go forever apex is gone?

Will people switch to a new brand or hoard today's models because they will have a half breed sled and not 100% yamaha? Even though yamaha's suspensions are a little dated now.

Will the manufacturing of yamaha parts by cat offset the sales cat will lose to yamaha because they now will have the highest hp sled on the market with a range of 470lbs only?

So what are the rumors on this theory? A two stroke or a 4 stroke?

Honda's HST is the size of a football in the Foreman ATV. No DCG please, great in a car or bike but can't see it in a sled.
Better be less than 500lbs dry. Have my nytro in the 525 range now. It's leaning tech. This time next winter, we'll be taking corners dragging a knee like Rossi.

My guess would be they bring the viper name back on a sled with some kind of articulated front suspension and replaces the Nytro and phazer chassis. Maybe just the Nytro at first but replacing more models later. Doubt it will be high hp, don't see them making their flagship apex obsolete.

spy pic

Just seen heading toward mid west ....Maybe toward minn? Finally Yamaha will have a true rocket... lol :-o

Attachments

• sledrocket.jpg
    sledrocket.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 78

Back