• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Apex Performance Improvements

Oetie

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex ER
Needs some advise from the experts who know. Bought a 2015 Apex SE and looking to improve the power and performance. Have a Boondocker NOS kit from my 2009 Apex that would like to bring over to the 2015. Not sure if fuel injector plugs are the same, but hope so. So the BIG QUESTION is: are there any decent performance mods that work besides SC or TC? PowerCommander V, Airbox mods, Yamacharger. Whatever mods I do really need to work with the NOS as that is a blast!

Also, hate the quiet sound of the 2011+ stock muffler. Like to hear a little bark, but not too much! Don't like super loud either. I did modify my 2009 stock muffler by removing some inner pipes and liked it. Any suggestions on a muffler?

Skis - don't like the stock dual tunners based on another sled experience. Liked my 5.7 pilots on my other Apexs. Not sure where to go with the EPS and was thinking maybe the 6.9 pilots for a little more float in the deeper snow. Suggestions?

It sounds like you are already well informed on the available mods for the Apex's. I'm sure the NOS is giving you a nice boost when in use.

What this all comes down to is (as usual) is how fast do you want to go and how much do ya wanna spend? Any of the mods you mention will give ya a nice boost. But the more expensive one's will give the bigger boost. One mod you didn't mention was head porting. Since you already have the NOS, some head work and Yamacharger would work really well. And you would still be under the price of an s/c or turbo. In fact there was a member on here that ran that exact combo for many years with good results. He may chime in at some point. Its nice to have the controllers like the pc5 for tunability. The newer Apex motors where known for having less durable pistons. That may be a factor if you go with lots of boost.

Muffler wise, I run the Excell single outlet silencer and like it. Louder than stock but not stupid loud. I have always worn earplugs and find it allows me to rack up many more miles before fatigue sets in.

As far as ski's, I have the pilot 5.7 with snowtrackers on my 06 and love them. The wider versions would help with flotation if you go off trail.

I have a MBRP can and PCV with tune for the pipe in it. it will give you a sled length or two and is not much louder then stock. it cleans up the fat spot in the midrange well. PM me if interested.

Back