• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 MTX 162" non turbo.....should I buy?

tshot12

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Vector ER
Looking into purchasing a 2015 MTX 162" non turbo and curious of opinions if its a bad choice?
I will be riding in Wyoming and Canada, but nothing too crazy or extreme. (I'm new to mountain riding)
I understand the turbo is better, but the price seems right for this one.
Will I regret the purchase?
Thanks!

They are good sleds. While turbos are pretty impressive, if your new to mountain riding it's not a bad idea to start out on a naturally aspirated sled while you practice/develop your mountain riding skills. Plus you can always add boost latter if you decide that your ready for the steep stuff!

That said since your looking at a 2015, you may want to consider upgrading the front suspension to the 2016 and latter spindles/a arms or one of the aftermarket offerings. Either will make the sled easier to ride especially while side-hilling and counter steering. Also a wider set of ski's makes a noticeable improvement in deep snow flotation as well.

Back