• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 MTX Track Replacement and Skid Upgrades, ADVISE PLEASE!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR VIPER MT-X W/MPI TURBO. 153”
Hey all,

Season 2 for me on a 15 Viper MTX 153, with MPI 190 full kit. Last year she caught fire :). This year she blew the factory track out.

I bought a used replacement track I plan to put on as it is very hard to find a new track currently, at least in my area in Maine.
It will be my first time tearing into the skid drop and am excited to inspect and hopefully upgrade some items while I'm at it.
I ride hard in the backwoods of northern Maine, 80% deep snow, 20% roomed trail.

While the track/skid is off, what do you folks recommend for upgrades and or items to inspect for ware?

Currently I plan to:

install new sliders (any better than other?
grease my bearing on wheels (I understand the 15-16 bearings cannot be replaced)
inspect touch up the rails
maybe replace front skid shock with the 160 for balance improvement and weight transfer
inspect both shock, might need to be rebuilt
inspect my gears and driveshaft (should I change gearing?)
fourth wheel kit (worth it?)
clean clutches
install Stingray Mods clutch kit
clean up slop in steering by shaving down collars and tightening hardware.
and eventually figure out how my ProLogger works for me with the turbo

Any insights on what I am on track with (or not) and what I should avoid is much appreciated.
THANK YOU !!

Attachments

• YAMA PIC.PNG
    YAMA PIC.PNG
    801.7 KB · Views: 92

I added stiffening plates to my 153 rails. Replaced crossshaft, added another support shaft, put on 2 inside wheels, changed the front spring to the stingray one, did the J&T stealth 4th wheel kit, went thru my entire skid and run DuPont slides. I changed my track to a 1.75 backcountry X because I’m on trail more than off. You can check out what I did on my thread under 153 on trail.

Back