• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 phaser xtx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha phaser 144 xtx
Hey Biyyyys, Love the site, been reading up on the phase xtx, so I’m gonna pull the trigger on a 2015 phaser xtx next week from a dealer. I’m looking for a tractor of a sled to haul a fat guy around the island,lol. Most of my sleds are older yamaha smokers like the exciter, very curious about the torque of the phaser,not top speed, who nows I made throw the wife on the back for some short rides. Like most here I wish there was a solution around the exhaust for a rear rack to haul gas or a small saw. Cheers, will post pics once I pick her up, plans for hand guards, belly pan protection. She’s studded out so that’ll be new to me as well.

Hey Biyyyys, Love the site, been reading up on the phase xtx, so I’m gonna pull the trigger on a 2015 phaser xtx next week from a dealer. I’m looking for a tractor of a sled to haul a fat guy around the island,lol. Most of my sleds are older yamaha smokers like the exciter, very curious about the torque of the phaser,not top speed, who nows I made throw the wife on the back for some short rides. Like most here I wish there was a solution around the exhaust for a rear rack to haul gas or a small saw. Cheers, will post pics once I pick her up, plans for hand guards, belly pan protection. She’s studded out so that’ll be new to me as well.

Welcome to the site

Kinda getting cold feet, as I compare the phaser to a 2017 600 renegade 137, just wondering what you folks think and I get that it depends on your riding style and off trail, on trail ratio. I’m nervous of the doo with rumours of poor longevity but like the options of better storage,gas mileage and overall power but will it be as capable off trail as the phaser. I read the phaser is amazing offtrail as long as your speed is really up and ya don’t have to backup, but slow speed and she submarines, wonder if a belly pan would make a big difference. I would like to stay away from the carbs and oil ,so I figure given the phaser may get less mileage it’s still better because you don’t have too add any oil and I think I can live with a 120/130 km hr top speed. Cheers my friends .

I have 8,000 miles of experience with the XTX setup (my MTX has the wide A-arm, free ride track and 19t gearing like the XTX) Mine works very well on and off trail but I have the 7.25" wide MTX skis, the Tuners that come on the XTX suck off trail. The Tuners sink pretty easy and flat out don't turn well in powder. Mine will run out of clutch at 82mph and tickle the rev limit at 87mph (takes a LONG run on hardpack to do it) and those are GPS/Radar speeds. Trail riding I get 18-20mpg and the low fuel light comes on at 90-100 miles (exactly 5 gallons to top off at that point) strictly boondocking trips the light at 65-70miles with around 14-15mpg average. Playing off trail I have NO issues going anywhere my buddy goes on his Assult 800 with a 144x1.375 cobra track, except situations that require more HP like long steep hills. The Phazer is fairly "twitchy" on the trail out of the box but that can be tamed quite a bit with a few tweaks like the upper ball joint mod and making sure you have 1/4" tow out.

I have 8,000 miles of experience with the XTX setup (my MTX has the wide A-arm, free ride track and 19t gearing like the XTX) Mine works very well on and off trail but I have the 7.25" wide MTX skis, the Tuners that come on the XTX suck off trail. The Tuners sink pretty easy and flat out don't turn well in powder. Mine will run out of clutch at 82mph and tickle the rev limit at 87mph (takes a LONG run on hardpack to do it) and those are GPS/Radar speeds. Trail riding I get 18-20mpg and the low fuel light comes on at 90-100 miles (exactly 5 gallons to top off at that point) strictly boondocking trips the light at 65-70miles with around 14-15mpg average. Playing off trail I have NO issues going anywhere my buddy goes on his Assult 800 with a 144x1.375 cobra track, except situations that require more HP like long steep hills. The Phazer is fairly "twitchy" on the trail out of the box but that can be tamed quite a bit with a few tweaks like the upper ball joint mod and making sure you have 1/4" tow out.
Thanks my friend love hearing about your phaser, the majority of my riding will be offtrail so we’ll have to put those skis on the list of mods.

Thanks my friend love hearing about your phaser, the majority of my riding will be offtrail so we’ll have to put those skis on the list of mods.
You can find some decent deals on those skis sometimes as the mountian guys usual dump them right away. You just need to get the right bolts, spacers and pads. The FX Nytro Mountian skis will bolt right on.

You can find some decent deals on those skis sometimes as the mountian guys usual dump them right away. You just need to get the right bolts, spacers and pads. The FX Nytro Mountian skis will bolt right on.
Sweet, I`m looking at Royal Distributing with their line of skis, probably the C and A, Bx model, its 7 1/4 wide compared to the 5 inch tuners and i`m considering a bellypan as well or I might make one out of lexan or something. 600 cad is a bit expensive but for the performance off trail it looks like its the only way to go.
Hopefully, have her in the garage by the weekend or next week. Now lets pray for a crazy snow kinna winter, cheers biiyys.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I have the Skinz float plate, great add on with one downside, ice build up between the plate and the factory belly pan. The Ice buildup hasn't been much of an issue on mine since I thaw the sled out in the garage overnight after every ride, some guys have had enough ice build up that it popped some screws off though. I like all the snow/ice melted off the sled since I usually give the whole sled a good "Look over" before every ride.

The XTX is a great little sled, and fun to ride. My grandson rode one before he got his Viper XTX, and we set it up with SLP Mohawks; they were a great boon-docking ski with good on-trail manners, so he transferred them over to his Viper where they are a perfect match. We still have the Phazer XTX as our "spare" sled in the family, and it has an old pair of Simmons (Gen I) skis that I had laying around. I had them on my old Vector and did not like them at all! The Tuners are awful, so I thought I would dig them out of the garage and try them. I was pleasantly surprised; on the trail there is little or no push in the corners and no darting. Off trail they are not a mountain ski, but they have more flotation than the Tuners.

Forgot to mention I have the Skinz float plate, great add on with one downside, ice build up between the plate and the factory belly pan. The Ice buildup hasn't been much of an issue on mine since I thaw the sled out in the garage overnight after every ride, some guys have had enough ice build up that it popped some screws off though. I like all the snow/ice melted off the sled since I usually give the whole sled a good "Look over" before every ride.
2X on this

Sweet, I`m looking at Royal Distributing with their line of skis, probably the C and A, Bx model, its 7 1/4 wide compared to the 5 inch tuners and i`m considering a bellypan as well or I might make one out of lexan or something. 600 cad is a bit expensive but for the performance off trail it looks like its the only way to go.
Hopefully, have her in the garage by the weekend or next week. Now lets pray for a crazy snow kinna winter, cheers biiyys.

I bought the C&A MTX skis from Royal Dist. and ran them for a few years on my Phazer. They were simply awsome for keeping the Phaser on top of the snow. I could crawl without sinking and they even improved the trailing capabilities.
If you are going to buy new, I highly suggest the MTX.

An other option is the Arctic Cat 10 inch skis. They are cheaper than the C&A MTX and gave me the same result.

Back