• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RS Venture TF Darting NEED Help please!!

YamahaHoss

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha RS Venture
I am desperate and need help . Have owned 5 Rs Ventures, ran Woody Doolys on all of them and loved them!! Now I finally found a 2015 TF and I am to the point--it is scary to drive over 50 MPH!! It Darts constantly, and is very tippy in corners. I am a big fella--6 ft 300 lbs and love to drive over 3500 miles a year--I found out that the stock skis--many guys just buy different ones--I cannot do that! I have already spent enough over the years on this hobby--and I have to believe that "something " else can be done to make this sled ride true and not dart at all like my other five RS Ventures!! So far I have made sure the skis are ture to the track, made sure limiter strap was allowed to go all the way down by being in the first set of holes, Have lengthened the two Stop nuts on the main front center shock spring in the skid. I loosened them until the spring was loose-then brought the jam nuts back up until it met the spring--then went 1/4 in more up so it would not rattle (I did this with it lifted up in the air with a cherry picker) I then softened the suspension to "S" on the two main side springs in the skid. I also made sure the track is correct tension and made sure it was running true when up in the air by adjusting the track tension. I did not touch the front two shock springs and I have NO clicker shocks anywhere on the sled. FInally I did not change carbides yet--they have the stock 4 inch single separate OEM wear bars in 4 in carbides and they are actually not bad in wear yet--but I will change if need be--
PS. you cannot put Woody Doolys on this type of stock ski. As I understand--2013 to 2017-Yamaha made this double individual carbide ski--so two wear bars per skis. Also I am NOT going to buy a different set of skis---need to solve this problem without doing that. Also--some have noted that the FastTrackers can grip too much and be dangerous if you hook a root, rock or something else--that concerns me. Thanks

I've not experienced the darting on our Venture but have the tippyness. My wife has put it on it's side a couple times. I'd suggest Snowtrackers also for your darting issue.

Snowtrackers!!!!!!!
I do not think I can do that with that type of ski--the 2013 to 2018 Yamaha ski was the Tuner ski. So it has the two single small carbides side by side about 2 inches apart. the Snowtrackers would need to have two seperate wear bars for EACH skis.. I checked and it did not seem they had that?

I've not experienced the darting on our Venture but have the tippyness. My wife has put it on it's side a couple times. I'd suggest Snowtrackers also for your darting issue.
do they make one for my 2015 year type ski? the Tuner ski?

Ive ridden some evil vectors, went over the handlebars last year on one. What worked for him was full soft up front, heavier sway bar if you can still get them, never toe in pulling tight for ski alignment, maybe 1/8 minimum toe out, and slim jims. They are a lot bigger than regular doolys.

I would LOVE to put SLim Jims Sooleys on--but that darn Tuner ski--you cannot do that... it has no center area to install--it has the two small wear bars on each side of the ski . stinks

Double check my math, but your TF should have come with Yami mountain skis from the factory, not tuners? My 2013 did. Tuners came on the GT I think, not the TF. Maybe a previous owner switched? I’m currently running Studboy Duce and am happy, but may explore snow trackers in the future Just for grins. Regardless of the ski, if you’re still running OEM carbides, dump them.

Last edited:
If you truly have the Double Keel Tuner skis you should have minimum darting. On tuners you can shim the back of the ski rubbers .
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/ski-shims-101-why-and-how.497465/ this is a good link that tells you how and why to shim.

You also need to check your ski alignment . They should be toed out about 3/16" like this ( \ / ) not toed in ( / \ ) Best is to lay a long straight edge along the track and extended out passed the front of the ski . Then measure from the straight edge to the back carbide bolt . Then make the front carbide bolt 3/16" farther out by adjusting your tie rod end .
link for an idea of how to do it .
If you buy the Snowtrackers you must go thru there set up and they must be run straight NOT toed in or out .

For tippyness look for a 13mm Sway bar . Barn of parts is your best source.

Double check my math, but your TF should have come with Yami mountain skis from the factory, not tuners? My 2013 did. Tuners came on the GT I think, not the TF. Maybe a previous owner switched? I’m currently running Studboy Duce and am happy, but may explore snow trackers in the future Just for grins. Regardless of the ski, if you’re still running OEM carbides, dump them.
how do I tell the difference? I cant find pictures of both of those skis?

1644899184987.png

tuner ski. i think they are on everything from 2015 on other than the vk sleds and the 120/200.

1644899409596.png

this is the 06-09 mountain ski. i use them all on all my sx/rx/rs/apex sleds with a 1/4" peice of rubber under the rear of the ski rubber to help with the darting.

thanks--where can I buy those ? (Are those OEM Mountain Ski or is the the brand of?

i usually buy them used on here or on ebay. if buying new from yamaha (mtx ski) you need all the handle, carbide bushing, mounting bushing witch can all be salvaged from a set of 05-10 apex/vector/venture skis. the parts that cannot be salvaged are the ski spindle sleve with the spacers and the bolt as they are all longer than stock.

here is a set of mtx i found quick on ebay with all the parts included. you just need to re use you stock ski rubber with a 1/4" shim added at the rear.

Back