• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 sr viper oil light and shut down

Whalley856

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha sr viper
Hey everyone im new here and i might have missed a thread or looked in the wrong place so I apologize if so! Anyway i have a 15 sr viper, mpi turbo stage 1 kit, last night riding across a fairly flat field my oil light came on and the sled shut it self off, i honestly thought i blew it up some how.. i towed it home and just for shits went to roll it over to see if it was seized and it fired right up, sounded normal but then the oil light came on again and it shut it self off, i checked the oil levels are normal to high, clean oil, couldnt see any leaks or visible engine damage externally. I left it for the night and went out to start it this morning it started right up normal sounding healthy but then oil light and shut off again.. anyone know what could be happening ?

sounding like it has lost its prime. did it get flipped on its side while running at any point?

sounding like it has lost its prime. did it get flipped on its side while running at any point?
Thanks for the reply no it did not i have read a few posts about this and how to prime it like rolling it over a few times leaving it sit, pressurizing the system with no luck,

sounding like it broke the drive for the oil pump is the priming tricks are not working. not an expert by any means.

one other thing to check, is the oil pressure sensor still plugged in?

sounding like it broke the drive for the oil pump is the priming tricks are not working. not an expert by any means.

one other thing to check, is the oil pressure sensor still plugged in?

checked that too yes wiring looks good and i pulled the oil feed line off my turbo just to see and fired the sled for a second no oil coming out...

TORS issue? try loosening the throttle cable a bit and see if that works. I've seen quite a few Vipers develop TORS issues where the engine dies and by the time you look down the Oil light is on.

tors issue cause no oil to pump through the engine?

Well i pulled the vavle cover and incan clearly see that the oil pump chain is not on the gear and laying down in the pan, so i would assume it broke
Thanks for everyone input and help

that sucks.

Just to update engine is out, pulled the oil pan and confirmed the broken oil pump chain, a new chain was 7 bucks, had to pull the stator and i changed the timing chain while i was in there, was a biatch to time btw!!

Back