• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 STX 141 Front shock upgrade options

Yama4stroke

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha viper STX-DX
2015 Sr Viper STX-DX. Put about 8,000mi on so far and want to improve the front suspension.

Last season I upgraded to a setup that rides significantly better in the rear. I upgraded to the Zbroz front spring for 200-239lbs rider and the slightly longer 2016 front skid shock from Cat (Cat # 2704-786). Upgraded rear skid shock to a coil shock (Cat # 2704-682) and a spring for my weight from Hygear. It was a major improvement over the factory set up for a few hundred dollars. I'm sure the Axis or Exit shocks would be way better but I'm super happy with the results for the money I spent.

This season since a new sled won't be happening for a few years I want to upgrade the front shocks. I'm looking at having the factory front shocks rebuilt and revalved and going with the Twisted dual rate pro series front springs from Hygear. Should put me in the $500ish price range. Is anyone running this or a similar setup that has any feedback. Is there another setup in the $500ish price range that anyone thinks would be better?

The one thing I'm undecided on is whether to have my factory shocks rebuilt and revalved or just to order new factory shocks for the front and have them revalved. My stock shock bushings and sleeves seem to have quite a bit of slop and to order replacements would run around $81 per side. I can get the front factory shocks (Cat# 3703-469, which replaces Cat# 3703-112) new for for around $90 each. If the new factory shocks come with the bushings and sleeves its seems like that would be the route to go. If not then rebuilding, revalving and replacing the sleeves and bushings on my current set is probably the better option. Does anyone know if new factory shocks come with new sleeves and bushings? Is it even worth revalving factory shocks? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the Fox Zero RC (bigger shaft and a rebound adjustment knob vs normal Zero Pro) that Installed mine last year, bought them as a "new takeoffs" for 300$. They are on some of the 17'+ winders and vipers stock. huge improvement over the Float 3's that were on my XTX.

Back