• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Chain Tension

Tks for chiming in. Well I can't do anything about that now. Was wondering if finger tight is as tight as I can turn the bolt by hand, etc?
Sorry, I had a thought related to the topic. That's why I didn't reply to your comment with an answer.

That being said, I assume finger tight would be as tight as you can get it with your finger. That's what finger tight means to me anyway. I expect there is enough tolerance in this adjustment to compensate for the varying finger strength of different individuals. Otherwise, there would probably be a torque setting published. Just a guess on my part. I could be wrong.

Finger tight is light. Have your Girl use two fingers. Better yet with cover off you can look. Should be about a 1/8 gap between adjuster screw and tensioner at 1.5 turns back.

Finger tight is light. Have your Girl use two fingers. Better yet with cover off you can look. Should be about a 1/8 gap between adjuster screw and tensioner at 1.5 turns back.
I'm guessing the 1/8 inch gap is where I circled the red area. Sorry for small image, had to resize.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 78
Sorry, I had a thought related to the topic. That's why I didn't reply to your comment with an answer.

That being said, I assume finger tight would be as tight as you can get it with your finger. That's what finger tight means to me anyway. I expect there is enough tolerance in this adjustment to compensate for the varying finger strength of different individuals. Otherwise, there would probably be a torque setting published. Just a guess on my part. I could be wrong.
Logical thinking.

Back