• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 viper LE leaking oil out of belly pan after pre-season at dealer

Sidewinder900

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX, 1997 Arctic Cat Cougar 580cc
WEBSITE
Gosselinconsulting.com
We had seld in the dealer for a pre-season for all oils and filters changed, amd when I picked it up, it is now leaking oil to belly pan and on floor under sled.

Anyone Have this issue and know where to start looking?

We had seld in the dealer for a pre-season for all oils and filters changed, amd when I picked it up, it is now leaking oil to belly pan and on floor under sled.

Anyone Have this issue and know where to start looking?
I would still contact the dealer and tell them. When I got my sw years back from Excell, they explained about residual oil and drilled a small hole (with my permission) in the low spot of the bellypan to drain any excess.

If you drain the oil correctly (as a dealer should do) there shouldn't be any residual oil anywhere. If they did spill some, they should have whipped it up and then sprayed a bit of engine cleaner in the engine bay and hosed it out. This is why nothing I own ever goes back to the dealer.

If you drain the oil correctly (as a dealer should do) there shouldn't be any residual oil anywhere. If they did spill some, they should have whipped it up and then sprayed a bit of engine cleaner in the engine bay and hosed it out. This is why nothing I own ever goes back to the dealer.
Points taken, however, if Yamaha and Cat had designed things better, it wouldn't be so onerous to change the oil on these things.

But the dealer should be able to do it better and at very least clean up their mess grrrrr.
Yes, good idea to wipe things down, then hopefully it can stay overnight at the dealer for any final drips.

Drain plug was loose from dealer. Tightened that.
Found now they didn't even check any hose clamps or anything amd it's dripping antifreeze. Never going back there.

Sheesh. No doubt go over all the clamps good, which plug was leaking?

Drain plug was loose from dealer. Tightened that.
Found now they didn't even check any hose clamps or anything amd it's dripping antifreeze. Never going back there.
Never good when the drain plug is left loose.

To the OP. Buy a service manual, if possible do the oil change yourself, it’s really not that bad of a job

I have fixed the problem. The dealership didn't tighten the drain plug, as well as antifreeze lines. Smy Viper is

perfect now after I went through the work they did.

How do I become a VIP member?

Go to the menu and click on Ty info, select VIP and follow instructions

Back