• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 viper ltx p1338

swmpr1

Extreme
so I picked up a new 2015 viper ltx last week, took it riding this weekend, and at 11 miles on the odometer I shut it off to take a break at an intersection. 5 minutes later went to start it, cranked for quite some time, then finally started but had an alarm on the display, P1338. ran it for a few miles, then cycled the key, no problems starting and no alarm. ran good the next 200 miles. is it worth taking to the dealer as I have read that this is common?

swmpr1 said:
so I picked up a new 2015 viper ltx last week, took it riding this weekend, and at 11 miles on the odometer I shut it off to take a break at an intersection. 5 minutes later went to start it, cranked for quite some time, then finally started but had an alarm on the display, P1338. ran it for a few miles, then cycled the key, no problems starting and no alarm. ran good the next 200 miles. is it worth taking to the dealer as I have read that this is common?

Man, I really think we all hoped that would of been fixed! Really for the guys like yourself that waited a year to get the bugs out. I dont think this is any major problem. Just cycle it and it goes away. But its not right and I would definitely bring it to the dealer and try and have them find a fix for it.

Thats not the thing we wanted to hear!! Hoping all that crap would be fixed.

Yes let the dealer know about , but I think the 15's we are seeing now are just 14's with new plastics ....just my .02

That's right, my dealer said that unless Yamaha feels like over 25% of the sleds have the problem, they won't even address it.

sxr70001 said:
That's right, my dealer said that unless Yamaha feels like over 25% of the sleds have the problem, they won't even address it.
:(

I think it's closer to %50 actually having the issue. Weather it be once in 1000 miles or every other time you try to start it.

Yamacat21 said:
I think it's closer to %50 actually having the issue. Weather it be once in 1000 miles or every other time you try to start it.
I think your right !!!!
I rode with this one guy this winter and he never turned his off because it wouldn't start back up , every gas stop it never started ! Just about two weeks (maybe more ) ago yamaha gave him a brand new sled and wanted his so they could figure this out !

So I think they are trying to come up with a solution to this problem ! ;)!

pretty strange problem really, its hit or miss if its going to do it or not. I hope they figure it out soon.

Yamacat21 said:

I would be really curious to know. Ours has done it once when it was 50 degrees out and we let it run in the parking lot but that probably does not count.

Curious because the numbers I read said Yamaha sold 2500 Vipers. Now if the people that have no problems find no need to come here to seek a solution what is the actual number of sleds that do not have issues? I remember the only reason I found the Honda Fury forum 3 years ago was when my NEW Fury left me dead on the freeway. Anyways it would be cool to know how many Vipers really do have issues.

Back