• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper MTX 162 MPI 190 turbo leaking oil

yamahahog

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper M-TX 162 SE 1st stage MPI Turbo, 2007 Yamaha Apex MTN SE 162
Need some help here. I've been reading through the forums on here about oil leaking when sled is on its side and how to fix it. I have the MPI turbo kit on mine and there set up thats supposed to help stop this issue but mine still leaks like crazy. Any info would be nice.
Thanks,
Yamahahog

Need some help here. I've been reading through the forums on here about oil leaking when sled is on its side and how to fix it. I have the MPI turbo kit on mine and there set up thats supposed to help stop this issue but mine still leaks like crazy. Any info would be nice.
Thanks,
Yamahahog

Im pretty sure you would still need a Roll Over Valve if its going to be on its side more then on its skis.

Im pretty sure you would still need a Roll Over Valve if its going to be on its side more then on its skis.
My sled seems to be on its side a lot more than i would like. So I will look into getting one. Thanks

Like I told many people on other forums. The only reason the MPI leaks oil is because the Factory Oil Separator is relocated to the PTO side. When it is relocated it adds approx. 30" of hose. that hose fills with oil and is then "too much head of oil" and blows by the relief ball in the Separators tank. The best way to eliminate this is to relocate separator back to the OEM side and find a solid place with as much heat tape as possible to protect it. I know one guy who put it on the heat shield and after rolling the sled all weekend it failed to produce any oil. That's a good thing. I know with the product I run the Separator is in the OEM location and it never ever leaks any oil and my sled can sit on its lid for long periods at a time.
But hey someone will be along to sell you a Rollover valve any minute ;)......never used one in my life and I've had many many boosted 4 Strokes.
Cheers
RS

Reactions: RED
My MCX Viper loses a ton of oil as well.. it's the nature of the beast..

Back