• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 viper mtx 162 recomended mods/setup

quentin lemay

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha viper mix 162 mpi turbo
hey. so i picked up a new to me viper with mpi turbo this fall, just a touch over 1000km and currently tinkering and trying to set up and do the recommended mods to make it last and perform better. i usually ride trees but also like to do the odd little hill, and big open meadows.
currently i ordered a stiffer center spring as i find it bottoms a bit even with the suspension changes ive made.
i run the front @ 125/60#
and rear @ 125#

im about 230 dressed and geared up.
just curious if anyone has any recommendations as far as other mods to suspension.

sled has cr racing kiss coupler which i removed, may put back in still need to decide if i like it better with it out or not.
also has 16+ front end which is super nice

would like to do some steering work as its a little bit on the loose side, and ive narrowed it down just wanting to make it through the season. i would like to get rid of the steering pyramid thing and make a bracket to lower the u joint and that just have a bar riser up from there.

eventually i also would like to throw some different running boards on it to help clear snow a bit better and help prevent the high centering issue.

also i was wondering if anyone has switched the bogie wheels (right by the center shock) to the inside of the rail. i looked and it looked like it could be done but possibly would run into the shaft that the shock mounts on. im coming from a skidoo xm and liked the tippiness but i like the power of the viper as well

any other recommendations or help would be great. thanks.

Back