• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Production

BTbt

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Anyone heard of when the 2015 Vipers are to be built? Hopefully earlier than the 2014's .

There are 2015 AC sleds on the assembly line now. I'm not sure what the build schedule is for 2015 but do know this is much earlier than last years start.

If your interested, you might want to watch the Arctic Insider at "arcticinsider.com" he does have some good intel about AC on a regular basis. I've also heard that some AC dealers are receiving sleds by the truckloads.

I have not heard anything specific about the 7000 or Vipers yet.

There are 2015 AC sleds on the assembly line now. I'm not sure what the build schedule is for 2015 but do know this is much earlier than last years start.

If your interested, you might want to watch the Arctic Insider at "arcticinsider.com" he does have some good intel about AC on a regular basis. I've also heard that some AC dealers are receiving sleds by the truckloads.

I have not heard anything specific about the 7000 or Vipers yet.

Yep, I bought my 2014 M8 last year in August.

My dealer said he put my order in for an August deliver hoping that it would get delivered in October - LOL!

There has been 2015 viper le's at my dealer since this spring. Blue and orange, along with a few 2015 AC's. All of which are still sitting in the showroom.

There has been 2015 viper le's at my dealer since this spring. Blue and orange, along with a few 2015 AC's. All of which are still sitting in the showroom.

Look closely, those are most likely converted Viper XTX as were all the Demo sleds. Those are not allowed to be sold and will be destroyed.

Look closely, those are most likely converted Viper XTX as were all the Demo sleds. Those are not allowed to be sold and will be destroyed.

My dealer had a converted 2014 LTX SE in his showroom with the Blue and Orange color scheme. He has sold that sled but the owner had to agree to keep it at the dealer until his floor models show up.

My dealer had a converted 2014 LTX SE in his showroom with the Blue and Orange color scheme. He has sold that sled but the owner had to agree to keep it at the dealer until his floor models show up.

Was it one he converted? Or one of the Yamaha converted demos? Steering column would be indicator.

most yamaha dealers in the midwest and east were sent an early production build 2015 in the spring for display, (blue and orange) then they were able to sell it after may 1st or something close to that. Cat does the same thing but I think they send 2 0r 3 early production build sleds to their dealers. They do this so consumers can see the sled or sleds at their dealer instead of a spring sled show.

Last edited:
most yamaha dealers in the midwest and east were sent an early production build 2015 in the spring for display, (blue and orange) then they were able to sell it after may 1st or something close to that. Cat does the same thing but I think they send 2 0r 3 early production build sleds to their dealers. They do this so consumers can see the sled or sleds at their dealer instead of a spring sled show.

Interesting. It was my understanding that all prototype Yamahas had to be returned and destroyed. But maybe I am confused as to what we are talking about. Would this be the 2015 Yamaha that is the same as the 2014? That would make sense as it is not a prototype but a next year sled. The MTX that were built by Yamaha for demos and vendor testing to my knowledge were all prototypes that have to be returned.

Anybody know for sure?

I bought an early 15, its a 15 model year, but production date is in 14, its an orange and blue ltx, dealer said wasn't supposed to sell it till after may 1st. it wasn't a demo as it was brand new, 0 miles.

My dealer has an orange and blue viper on the floor as well as a couple "2015" cat sleds. Whether or not they're true 2015 sleds they have atleast 3 2015 color scheme sleds between cat and yammi. No clue whether or not they're available for sale but they're there..on that note the 2015 el Tigre 9000 is a cool lookin sled. I don't think I'd buy one but they're pretty sweet. Def not a viper tho that's for sure lol

Interesting. It was my understanding that all prototype Yamahas had to be returned and destroyed. But maybe I am confused as to what we are talking about. Would this be the 2015 Yamaha that is the same as the 2014? That would make sense as it is not a prototype but a next year sled. The MTX that were built by Yamaha for demos and vendor testing to my knowledge were all prototypes that have to be returned.

Anybody know for sure?

you are correct any non-production sled is not for sale, but early production builds are, the ones that were at dealers early in spring are just a very early version of the 2015 . all those mtx sleds that were out there were pre-pro or prototype sleds so those do not get sold.

you are correct any non-production sled is not for sale, but early production builds are, the ones that were at dealers early in spring are just a very early version of the 2015 . all those mtx sleds that were out there were pre-pro or prototype sleds so those do not get sold.

Thanks!

Back