• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Shutting Off

Viper TJ

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper LTX
Looking to see if anyone out there has had a similar problem. Wife was driving her new Viper this weekend after putting over 350 miles with no issues and it shut down about 5 times in corners where she was almost completely off the gas. No error codes and it starts right back up. I drove for about 10 miles and thought I felt it starting to happen once but I burped the throttle and it never died. Idle seems good and I have checked with the dealer about the amount of cable play in the flipper to make sure the safety switch in the control wasn't shutting it down. My gut tells me it still has something to do with this switch but the dealer doesn't feel this is the issue and they checked with Yamaha and they don't have any idea either. Any advice would be appeciated.

Tom

When you checked the play how much was it. Look in your owners manual it tells you what spot to what spot to check it from.

The throttle cables have been plenty tight on these sleds. There is a small adjuster right alongside the riser. Easy enough to relax it and see what it does.

When you checked the play how much was it. Look in your owners manual it tells you what spot to what spot to check it from.

Closed flipper there was 3.5mm and loose til you heard the click of the switch was an additional 2mm

Closed throttle, then gentle open throttle until resistant's is felt then take the opening measurement or cap. In your book it show's the exact points.

Closed throttle, then gentle open throttle until resistant's is felt then take the opening measurement or cap. In your book it show's the exact points.
I will measure this evening and report back.
Thanks,
Tom

I believe there is a throttle cable safty switch in the handel bar mount. Make sure the the throttle cable is not pulling out of the socket when the flapper is released. Happened to me on my wifes sled

Yes after reflash I would say at least 4 hrs to get a somewhat consistant idle. I would also be checking belt deflection or a sticky clutch.

After remeasuring it looks like I had closer to 2.5mm versus what the book calls for which is .75 - 1.5mm so I tightened the cable a bit and we will see what happens the next time out.

Just had the re-flash done on my 2014 XTX SE and runs like a tractor. Surging at idle. Whats up with that, should have left it alone :o| Between the ridiculous heavy steering and 90 mph top end after a full re-clutching I can only say I am very disenchanted with this sled.

Last edited:

Back