• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Skis 1 Piece??

brian90

Extreme
After looking at pics on Yamaha's website of the 2015's it appears that the skis are now 1 piece and do not have the removable ski handle like the 2014 models. Had heard that the skis would be changed on the 2015 models.

If your talking about the deeper keel tuner skis yes one piece. Just like the original ones.

Well don't know a lot about the skis on the 15's. Tuner skis ?? What are you comparing the 15 tuner skis that are like the original?? Please fill us in.

brian90 said:
Well don't know a lot about the skis on the 15's. Tuner skis ?? What are you comparing the 15 tuner skis that are like the original?? Please fill us in.

The tuner ski (original) was a dual keel ski that you can tune by putting different size carbides on to get the handling you are looking for, and to me that was the best thing they did for the Nytro. Now the new 15 tuner skis are suppose to have a deeper keel on them same adjustability just with a deeper keel.

Have a set of tuner skis on my 14 Viper LTX. Huge improvement over the stock Cat skis. Great change on the 15s. Have four six inch carbides on mine. Turns easy still.

Did you guys find a hard time turning in the corners after you took out those transfer blocks ?

Back