• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 viper sr ltx dx where to start with suspension

nickg

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha viper sr ltx dx
im sure this has been beaten to death but i cant find what im looking for.i have a 2015 Yamaha viper sr ltx dx. i have no idea where to set up my suspension at all. i had a polaris rush previously and thats a different animal. im about 280lbs dressed. it has the coil over shocks. where do i set the springs on the skis?where do i set my center shock spring? i will eventually purchase different skis next yr. i am running 6 inch sharpers inside and 4 inch rounds outside on the tuners.thanks for any info

It's going to be different for everyone. How do you like it as it is? If looking for better just try making big adjustments and dial in from there. Can always go back and all adjustments can be made right on trail other than limiters and coupler blocks.

i feel like im feeling every big bump. dont know if i need to screw with my front skid shock or not. i have my torsion/spring blocks on the highest. i have 2 inches of sag in front and back.. i just dont know if i let out on my front skid spring is it going to teeter on me? or am i going to loose all ski pressure

Most times if you are bottoming center shock you will feel it right in your feet. Your ski shocks should be set just so the upper a-arms are slightly downward. A DX was valved to be the plushest sled of all. It will bottom often on big ones and g outs. Valving on shocks is way softer. I can change that.

Back