• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Apex EXUP problem

pdrmike

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 APEX'S 09 Venture GT
2016 Apex with code 17(exup). When i get it into diagnostic mode i am able to get it to move fully clockwise and fully counterclockwise. (it is showing numbers from 200-207 when i do it)
It doesn't ever return to the center(adjustment area) for me to be able to adjust it.
Any ideas??
Which way is fully open if I decide to eliminate it?
Thanks

By default if cables broke gravity orients the valve in full open. I make a slick little exup delete plate that locks the valve in open position and also have used exup servo motors. If servo is faulty it will still display fault code even if you lock valve open.

Ok, i will keep that in mind. The cables are working fine, but if i happen to disconnect them it will just keep the valve open?

No, the exhaust gasses will have the valve flopping all over the place in there. You need to lock the valve in the open position or remove the “butterfly” from the assembly. Travis has a quick and slick setup, I’d go that route in your particular situation.

What stubbs said is correct. Its a cylindrical valve and it will swing around when sled is moving/bouncing down the trail.

My local dealer and I have been working/testing the exup eliminator "foolers" that you install in place of the servo motor. They are in intended to fool the ecu so it believes the servo is in place. They are available for motorcycles, but so far they have not worked in the sleds despite being the same plug.

2016 Apex with code 17(exup). When i get it into diagnostic mode i am able to get it to move fully clockwise and fully counterclockwise. (it is showing numbers from 200-207 when i do it)
It doesn't ever return to the center(adjustment area) for me to be able to adjust it.
Any ideas??
Which way is fully open if I decide to eliminate it?
Thanks
once the valve goes both direction's turn power off, it will return to center.

For some reason mine does not return to center.
my 14 and 16 do, I would get a used servo motor off ebay and try that. The ones from the motorcycles work great, same part numbers.

What stubbs said is correct. Its a cylindrical valve and it will swing around when sled is moving/bouncing down the trail.

My local dealer and I have been working/testing the exup eliminator "foolers" that you install in place of the servo motor. They are in intended to fool the ecu so it believes the servo is in place. They are available for motorcycles, but so far they have not worked in the sleds despite being the same plug.
I used this one when I deleted my exup valve and had a bad servo motor. Took care of code 17 flashing on the dash. http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

I think I might have to give this one a try, thanks for the info.

Back