• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Apex Singleshot factory supported shock upgrade update

Lakeshadow

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Apex XTX power surge
Hello, I have found out recently Yamaha is replacing Singleshot shocks with one much better. Including the 2016 models.

I have a red and silver power surge 16, XTX LE 1.75. I must find all about what is involved in this procedure to get the representative from the factory to approve an upgrade for my sled. I would also like to see and copy the factory bulletin that pertains to this upgrade.

Is it possible to get a copy of this factory bulletin?
Is it possible for me to speak with the rep personally?
Does the factory require the return of the old replaced shock?

Thanks for all input. I want to be as prepared as I possibly can when I present this to the dealer.

i talked to my local dealer as i had bought the sled 4 hrs away from home and he got it for me. start with your dealer 1st is what i reccomend.

20170119_193059-jpg.125841

So this is what I have been bitching about since I joined this site Yamaha will upgrade this shock for Apex owners. Even though it is the same part# for Vector owners. BS Yamaha needs an attitude adjustment! Sorry happy for the Apex owners. Maybe someday they will respect us the same. I never thought that when I bought my first new sleds that my 2001 Arctic would have a better rear suspension. Than my new Yamahas.

Last edited:

Back