• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Apex XTX bad fuel mileage

Apex2007

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Apex xtx 1.75
2007 Apex ER
My apex is get bad mileage this year 120kms fuel lights on checked exhaust valve and donuts both seem fine anything else I should be looking for thanks

did you check all you wheels for bad bearings? speedo/jackshaft bearing repacked? blown out/cleaned clutches?

My apex is get bad mileage this year 120kms fuel lights on checked exhaust valve and donuts both seem fine anything else I should be looking for thanks
Does the sled seem to be running normal? And by that I mean-does the machine feel like its pulling extra weight? I have not seen this on a snowmobile before, but I have seen it on my truck, its possible the brake caliper is stuck closed and the brakes are being applied. Just an idea

My 2016 Apex XTX is getting 11.2 to 11.5 mpg and not pushing hard on the throttle. It feels like maybe the clutch is slipping? I am not sure. Just ticked 2000 miles on it and runs great. Any ideas on how to increase the mileage? Even by a little? Loosen track? More wheels?

You should be able to use around 80Ib of fuel per hour if everything is working properly. The fuel light doesn't indicate anything important.

i tend to run my track on the loose side with extroverts. last weekend my 11 xtx and my 16 xtx did the same run. now i was testing new clutching in the 16, so there was a lot more wot running to check rpms but usually the 11 was slightly harder on gas (usually 1-2l) becuse it was clutched more agressively till the weekend. i am the more agressive driver and i was 7l worse on gas for the fill up 16 vs the 11.

i do know trail conditions are big as my milage drops drastically when it is loose or i am powder riding.

My 16 xtx I find my fuel light just starts to come on around 138-140 kms driving easy, what are you running for runners on your skis and what trail conditions are you running in, your thumb also controls the fuel flow.

Back