• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 LTX LE questions

yammi14

Hey guys I am about to pull the trigger on a 2016 LTX LE 137 with 600 miles on it but have a few questions. First off I am going to get it for 8300 is that reasonable? I thought so considering I am seeing dealers in NY selling 2016 leftovers for 10,500. The second this is is there anything I should be concerned with. I just read about the bad rods and that’s making me nervous. Is that something that should turn me away. The sled is for my dad and he doesn’t ride too hard but will get into it when we’re messing around on the lakes.
I appreciate the replies in advance

Hey guys I am about to pull the trigger on a 2016 LTX LE 137 with 600 miles on it but have a few questions. First off I am going to get it for 8300 is that reasonable? I thought so considering I am seeing dealers in NY selling 2016 leftovers for 10,500. The second this is is there anything I should be concerned with. I just read about the bad rods and that’s making me nervous. Is that something that should turn me away. The sled is for my dad and he doesn’t ride too hard but will get into it when we’re messing around on the lakes.
I appreciate the replies in advance
Have you checked if it even has the newer motor? Some did not. If not it's a great deal. If it does then just get 4 year warranty if it still has some left its transferable and existing warranty can be extended. Don't Turbo it. All info on identifying engine is in FAQ sticky top of Viper section. That's a real nice sled and Yamaha has never let me down with Warranty so if you get it. Just enjoy!

I got a 2016 LTX LE this past April for $7000 with 900 miles. I would say its over priced. Some people will steer clear because of the rods but if you never plan to boost it then its not a problem IMHO. If you do decide to in the future Ulmer quoted me like $1600 for the rod upgrade and would do the turbo install at the same tiem for a few hundred more. I also got mine with 3.5 years of warranty left so I get 3 winters of riding on a warranty.

LE should have the upgraded QS3 shocks with people swear by. They come on the front and then rear skid location. Unfortunately the front skid shock is still the basic one.

8300 is a steal. I think your dad would love it. Its what I am riding currently.

I don't think it's a bad price considering it's fall. Maybe could have done a little better at the end of the season but your in prime time now. Get the extended warranty if possible and enjoy it. If your not gonna turbo don't sweat the rod issue.

Back