• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 STX DX 137” track studding

Vmaxkid

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 2019 Ski-Doo 900T Enduro (not as fun as Sidewinder)
I am picking up a 2016 Viper STX DX 137” that has the 1.6 Cobra track. Can a Viper with a 1.6 track be studded?
or should I swap out the 1.6 with a Ripsaw 2 1.25” that I have and stud that?
if I’m correct the Viper like the Nytro has no heat exchangers in the tunnels but my concern would be studs being able to rear the front exchanger.

I believe there is plenty of room with that front exchanger. Stay out of the middle 1 1/2 of the track.
Is the Cobra 1.6 a single ply?

According to Woodys stud selector it’s indicating it’s a 2 ply. Woodys claims it can be studded but I just didn’t want to get too close to the front exchanger. So my question really should be SHOULD I stud the 1.6 or swap it for the Ripsaw 2 I’ve got and stud that? The sleds for my son. I've read the Cobras are a softer track and the lugs fold over.

I don't think the lugs folding will be a problem with the power level of the Viper. How many miles on the track? How is its condition? Those would be the factors I would use in deciding to replace it.

Sled has 2300 miles on it. Track is like new from what I can see.

Back