• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 B-TX 1.75” x 153” new in crate - advice/opinions wanted

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Looking at one new in the crate. Any issues I should look out for or any updates I should ask the dealer to do?

Reviews anyone comment on using this 75% on trail 25% off?

Thanks!!

Agman has and I believe loves his Btx.
His is boosted and piped not sure if he / it saw any stock time to let you know about that

I really thought it impressive but loud

I ride a 151” now. I have no issues with that length, more asking about the uncoupled rear skid and how it handles rough trail. If I had a sled that was capable I would look for more legal off trail riding.

Thanks for the advice! The deal on this particular one is almost to good to pass up.

I have to admit the 153 BTX SW was way better on the trail then I would have predicted had I not rode it for 20 some UP trail miles myself. I would not be afraid of it if I as I am a mostly trail.
Now I wouldn't seek out the 153 and pay significantly extra for it over the 137/141 but if it was a 'deal' I would not step aside. If that helps.

I have that sled, never overheated once, good on trail. You should have the extra idler wheels put on right away. Slides wear fast otherwise. And don't back up with statchers down like my dumb #*$&@ did lol. In two years it has never broke down once and seems to get a lot faster after 1000 miles.

I have that sled, never overheated once, good on trail. You should have the extra idler wheels put on right away. Slides wear fast otherwise. And don't back up with statchers down like my dumb #*$&@ did lol. In two years it has never broke down once and seems to get a lot faster after 1000 miles.

Is there a specific ‘kit’ for the idlers?

This drive/track is 8T driver, 3 inch pitch, 2ply? So top speed around 110? I would like to be 120+ so probably need a re gear and tune right? Just curious coming from a 140 mph apex I do like those long legs on a lake in a big group. However I would not mind trying this track for a season or two I bet it has some brutal acceleration.

This drive/track is 8T driver, 3 inch pitch, 2ply? So top speed around 110? I would like to be 120+ so probably need a re gear and tune right? Just curious coming from a 140 mph apex I do like those long legs on a lake in a big group. However I would not mind trying this track for a season or two I bet it has some brutal acceleration.

I don't think that track is a 2 ply, I believe it's a single ply (Camoplast Back Country 1.75").

Regear, tune, more boost, clutching, muffler!

I have to admit the 153 BTX SW was way better on the trail then I would have predicted had I not rode it for 20 some UP trail miles myself. I would not be afraid of it if I as I am a mostly trail.
Now I wouldn't seek out the 153 and pay significantly extra for it over the 137/141 but if it was a 'deal' I would not step aside. If that helps.

Same thoughts I have, swapped riders with a Viper MTX 153" and it surprised me how good the trail manners were with the 2.6" PC track and 38" front. If I was upgrading to a Winder the BTX is the first one I'd looks at, and I'm a roughtly 60 trail/40 boondock guy.

The apex speedometers were way high , my BTX is definitely geared a little low I have 270 hurricane 10 stock modified muffler under hood air intake and in certain conditions i've seen 117 mph on the speedo,100 in the flash LOL

The apex speedometers were way high , my BTX is definitely geared a little low I have 270 hurricane 10 stock modified muffler under hood air intake and in certain conditions i've seen 117 mph on the speedo,100 in the flash LOL

Yes the early ones were dream meters ie. my 2006 but my 13 is very close to the GPS, not sure what year they addressed that issue.

Back