• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 BTX SE - Camso Conquer 280 Track

In an effort to avoid gearing changes and an axle swap, I went with the Composit M67 track with 2.62 lug.

The M67 is the most lug possible and in fact still may need to be trimmed. There is about 5/16 clearance for the heat exchange protectors.

My question is, what is an adequate clearance as not to damage the heat exchanger?

I've attached a couple photos.

Thank you for any thoughts.
How’s that track holding up?

Greetings.

This is my first post on a winter sport forum and my first sled in nearly 40 years - god I am old. I have been a jet ski modder for decades:

See: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262143&highlight=rxpxseadog

Anyway, I just bought a new 2017 BTX SE and ride in the mountains of UT, WY and MT and trails (primarily Yellowstone).

After buying this sled, I found the 1.75 track is simply too challenged by Guardsman Pass in UT (see photo)View attachment 146568 .

While a 2.5/2.6 track would be an improvement, a 2.8 track would be a bit more helpful.

Based upon measurements it appears the 2.8 track will fit, but just barely, perhaps by .25". This is quite a slim margin given the 2.5 lug will clear by .75+".

My concern is slapping against the tunnel given the minimal clearance.

Any help or thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Just wanted to say great to see you on here! We might actually go back to the Riva Forums! Life before Green Hulk... It's been a while since my GPR Dayz with Island Racing in any case My wife and I enjoy heading out west to ride the powder. When your up in Bridger give Brooks Lake Lodge a try. A bit high end but well worth the trip!

Greetings.

This is my first post on a winter sport forum and my first sled in nearly 40 years - god I am old. I have been a jet ski modder for decades:

See: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262143&highlight=rxpxseadog

Anyway, I just bought a new 2017 BTX SE and ride in the mountains of UT, WY and MT and trails (primarily Yellowstone).

After buying this sled, I found the 1.75 track is simply too challenged by Guardsman Pass in UT (see photo)View attachment 146568 .

While a 2.5/2.6 track would be an improvement, a 2.8 track would be a bit more helpful.

Based upon measurements it appears the 2.8 track will fit, but just barely, perhaps by .25". This is quite a slim margin given the 2.5 lug will clear by .75+".

My concern is slapping against the tunnel given the minimal clearance.

Any help or thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Just wanted to say great to see you on here! We might actually go back to the Riva Forums! Life before Green Hulk... It's been a while since my GPR Dayz with Island Racing in any case My wife and I enjoy heading out west to ride the powder. When your up in Bridger give Brooks Lake Lodge a try. A bit high end but well worth the trip!

Sorry for the delayed response, was up in the mountains for two weeks with really crappy internet.

Ahh yes, Greenhulk for more than two decades - starting with my 1995 Waveraider 1100 and then my Seadoo RXP-X and back to Yamaha with my FZR.

Well after a couple week in Utah's Guardsmen Pass, Brighton and Park City (skiing with the family too), the suspension calibration was nearly spot on. That is
the sled had great balance front to rear. With the weight off the front skis I had no issues with trenching and was able to balance the sled front to rear and left to right in technical areas were side hilling was necessary. I will tweak a bit more, but will maintain the 43/57 split front to rear.

Trailing riding was also greatly improved with no darting, even when coming off throttle. In sum, the suspension calibration has made the sled much more compliant and better able to handle technical riding. Oh yes, and on the trail 80+mph with confidence - not areas were open enough to take the sled over 100mph.

As for the track, it shows no signs of wear after 350 miles. Since being in the military in the 80's it seems a bit awkward to be endorsing a Russian product, but this track kicks #*$&@! It performs very well on trail, but more importantly it manages to float this 640+ lb sled with ease (840+ with rider). Now with the front end lighter and a 43/57 weight distribution the Yamaha BTX is (IMHO) a full on crosssover!!!

Lastly, I bought a Marlon Pro II Explorer sled deck this winter and have put more than 3500 miles on it, simply an amazing tool for sled transport!

avey sign2.GIF
gaurdsmen1.JPG
gaurtdsmen2.JPG

guardsmen3.JPG

sled deck.jpg

Attachments

• avey sign2.GIF
    avey sign2.GIF
    202.5 KB · Views: 141
  • gaurdsmen1.JPG
    gaurdsmen1.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 152
  • gaurtdsmen2.JPG
    gaurtdsmen2.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 157
  • guardsmen3.JPG
    guardsmen3.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 143

Thank you.

On one of the snowy days out in Toghotee we had lunch at Brooks Lake Lodge. Very nice mountain lodge, certainly much nicer than Toghotee Mountain Lodge!

Since we live in California, Jackson Hole and Big Sky (West Yellowstone) are part of our usual winter pilgrimage.

Can't complain about my sledding options:)

nice post! just curious how the track is holding up now after two years. completing putting a M66 on my btx this season since my 2nd 2.25" Power Claw Track is showing a lot of wear

Last edited:
Me too, interested! How the track is hoding up ? I want to change my Power Claw track this summer and Ice Age rails!

No updates this year.

My wife has put the brakes on any adventures this year.

However, from last year's abuse the track still looks absolutely brand new - amazing!

Last edited:
No updates this year.

My wife has put brakes any adventures this year.

However, from last year's abuse the track still looks absolutely brand new - amazing!
Thanks and pulled the trigger currently in the snowy range wyoming with my btx and the m66 track wow what a difference

Back