• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 Phazer XTX rear suspension settings

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
Hello,
Just purchased a new 17 XTX phazer for my teenager. Is there anything to soften the rear suspension for a 110 lb rider? Is there much adjustability on this skid? I don't see that STAR makes a kit.
Thanks.

I'm not sure what the XTX came with for spring wieghts but the MTX spring are the weakest available with 100# center and 1700nm torsion springs. Most other Phazers used a 2100nm torsion spring, except the GT which is 1900nm

try putting the front a arms almost level to the floor for the front. then put the torsion springs on softest setting and set rear shock clicker on full soft to start. set the front shock in the rear suspension spring with the track off of the floor so that the spring is stiff to turn by hand around the shock. this would be the best starting point i think. i set my rtx converted to xtx so that when i set it the rear suspension mount was in the middle of the 2 rails stops when i was sitting on the seat.

Thanks. I'll try these to start.

Back