• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 RS Venture TF skid removal

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2001 Venture 500
2018 VK540V
2022 VK540V
2017 RS Venture TF
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site! I couldn't find any related posts for this particular model, so I hope I'm not asking a question thats already been answered. I'm looking to remove the rear skid
> from my 2011 RS Venture TF to replace all the wheel bearings. But
> having a hard time finding any tips or tricks for the removal and
> installation. Is it basically loosening the track, removing the 4 bolts
> that hold in the skid and removing the skid? I've heard of some people
> letting go of certain shocks or torsion bars to help with the removal
> or installation on other models, but not sure if it would apply to
> this particular model.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

i would pull that skid the same way i pull all torsion spring sleds. with the back of the sled suspended, unload both rear springs so they are holding no weight. then pull the rear axle and wheels off the suspension in place. pull rear mount bolts. i then strap the shock down into fully collapsed if it is good as it can mess you up going up when you pull skid out. then i would pull the front bolts and try to pull it. if on a sled lift, i pull the upper bolt out for the front shock so the w arm collapes better and clears my lift with less effort.

i usually do the wheels with the suspension in the sled. the only thing is the front outers need to stay off to pull the front inners as the front shock needs to be dismounted for that shaft assembly to come out.

fixed title for you as that model did not come out until 2014.

Thanks Maim! I'm hoping to get at it the skid this weekend, and I'll try your instructions. As for the model, I'm not sure what's on the go there. It's got the TF stickers on it, got the 151" track, and was manufactured in 2010. Also got the flip up rails for reverse, but no EPS.

sounding like someone put the 151 skid and track into a gt and re decaled it unless it was a pre production test sled of some type.

Back