• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 sidewinder roadside assistance

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Fired it up two days ago ran perfect and flawless today it will not stay running unless I give it partial throttle, what do you guys think I should do?

Fired it up two days ago ran perfect and flawless today it will not stay running unless I give it partial throttle, what do you guys think I should do?

Did you notice what temperature it was running at?

Have you fired it up to load on the trailer or just short bursts of running in the garage?

The Apexs and RX-1's used to foul plugs doing this and not run well. Plug change and they'd come back to life. You have to let them come up to temp and rev them on the stand good to prevent this fouling.

Have you fired it up to load on the trailer or just short bursts of running in the garage?

The Apexs and RX-1's used to foul plugs doing this and not run well. Plug change and they'd come back to life. You have to let them come up to temp and rev them on the stand good to prevent this fouling.

X2....I'd start with changing plugs!!

Old fuel, not getting up to operating temp, and short trips can foul plugs. Had to replace plugs on a YXZ with 11 miles once. Guy used it to get his mail, never got it warm enough.

That’s an expensive mail getter, lol.

without complete info , I'll take a shot at it ....belt is high or too short (and too tight)...drop the belt below the sheaves

Well...at first sled was cranking and would not start. Brought the relays in to warm up. Same.
Decided to hold the throttle open a crack. (Like the old days!) Haha. Fired right up. Then off and she died.
With throttle cracked, I got her down off the trailer. Rode appx. 10mins and ran perfect the rest of the day. No answer as to why. But just might help someone else.

Great to come here and get info. Feels good to hopefully help another rider!
Thanks for all replies!

Back