• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 Viper MTX 162 with 2.25" track best clutching setup.

nicgagnon

Extreme
Hi,
I'll try to be clear.
I want to know what should I do to maximize performances in deep snow. I'm not searching high speed.
Sorry, but I'm a poor french canadian ;)

any mods
elevation?
would help to answer your question
only got one trip to Snowies on mine and I twist sec to 70'
think might have to lighten up weights a little for 10k ft.

You haven’t given us a whole lot of information so it’s hard to talk specifics. If you’d like a more detailed the recommendation please be specific about what you currently have for a clutch set up and what the tachometer is reading under different conditions.

The N/A Vipers should turn about 8900 to 9000 RPM. If you are able to achieve that RPM on the trail but not when you get into the powder it’s likely that your clutches are not back shifting as they should. Assuming that your clutches are clean and in good working order and your belt is in good condition, more wrap on the driven clutch spring or less cam angle will improve backshift. If you get to an overrev condition where the motor hits the rev limiter performance drops off drastically.

Back