• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX Review from snowmobile.com

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX Review

2017-Yamaha-Sidewinder-R-TX-Action.jpg

The hottest sport sled on snow for 2017
Yamaha wins big in the ultra-sport trail category. Not since its vaunted SRX series has Yamaha fielded a set of all-world champions like the Sidewinder series. They are powerful with Yamaha’s “ultra-performance” turbocharged 998cc three cylinder four-stroke. They have proven handling with the Arctic Cat sourced platform and suspensions. And they have that Yamaha breeding that puts its own special touches on the finished product. Yamaha wins big and so do Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX buyers.

Yamaha’s Sidewinder R-TX will be the hottest trail sled you can buy for model year 2017. Well, other than Arctic Cat’s Thundercat. Of the Sidewinder models, the R-TX alone is Yamaha’s speed trail statement. The R-TX is about performance – all about performance. Under the hood is some of the smoothest performing high-performance engines snowmobiling has ever seen. Officially Yamaha claims 180 horsepower at maximum revs. Unofficially you’ll see reports of 200 horsepower. Does it really matter? Just know that when you push the throttle lever to the bar and hold it, the sled will quickly – and we do mean quickly – achieve triple digits. It’s incredibly smooth power, linear like a turbine or Tesla electric ramping up. Just as incredibly, that power is manageable. Read more.... click here

Really nice write up. Makes the summer even longer "THANKS" !

FYI

The snowmobile.com website tried to put a fake version of flash on my computer, so be careful.

Mr. Sled is deliberately trying to ruin my summer! Seriously I will say i have extreme confidence in this new engine. As i said before, i am now riding an FJ-09 3 cylinder bike that absolutely rocks. Yamaha nailed this bike with this motor & light weight....yes you heard it...light weight. For $9000 i can hang with the $17,000 Ducati's & $19,000 BMW's all day in every category. BTW the Ducati broke down & was out for 2 months...

Mr. Sled is deliberately trying to ruin my summer! Seriously I will say i have extreme confidence in this new engine. As i said before, i am now riding an FJ-09 3 cylinder bike that absolutely rocks. Yamaha nailed this bike with this motor & light weight....yes you heard it...light weight. For $9000 i can hang with the $17,000 Ducati's & $19,000 BMW's all day in every category. BTW the Ducati broke down & was out for 2 months...

Very sweet bike.. I just saw the new release on the FZ-10... another very trick bike.

Actually i check this site 3 times a day to see if ANYTHING new gets posted on the Winder. So i can't blame Mr. Sled for my own addictions or tormenting me. Please Mr. Sled...keep it coming...BTW i was Striper fishing this morn with a Yamaha 4-s boat motor. I may buy a Yamaha guitar just to grow my YAMAHA family...

Actually i check this site 3 times a day to see if ANYTHING new gets posted on the Winder. So i can't blame Mr. Sled for my own addictions or tormenting me. Please Mr. Sled...keep it coming...BTW i was Striper fishing this morn with a Yamaha 4-s boat motor. I may buy a Yamaha guitar just to grow my YAMAHA family...

Right on!! lol

can't wait for winter... my 2 motocycles just don't make up for the lack of sledding in the summer months, nore does the Jetboat, ATV, and cart...so can't wait to get back into the saddle...

Back