• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 MB TY Ride

steiner

Staff member
Well another ride has come and gone. We had a smaller group this year but didn't mean we had less fun.
We managed to spin on about 540 miles (860kms) over the three days. Thanks to Hlmrx1 we got back each day before 6pm for supper. InRBigness was kind enough to show us around his riding area. Visited two shelters that I have never seen before. Provfisherman enlightened us on a new shortcut that is route critical. Stray from the path and you may get wet.
AS usual Lil' J kept the smiles going all day and into the evening. I swear she brings kod grizz along just to pay for fuel and food. :p
This year was extra special. We had set many traps over the years to try and catch the incredibly elusive "bush sled". We could see traces of it here and there but we never caught it. There has been talk that we had seen it but no photo evidence has been produced. Well this year we were successful. We caught it. As this is an incredibly dangerous and endangered species we took great care releasing it from the trap but not before taking photos and this elusive beast. I will post the photos as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks all for coming out and making another great TY Ride.
Special thank goes to Bountyhunter and CoPilot for making a guest appearance Friday night. Although they were not able to ride this season that did not damper their spirits to come out and be apart of the ride festivities. Looking forward to riding with them next season.
:sled1::sled1:

Well another ride has come and gone. We had a smaller group this year but didn't mean we had less fun.
We managed to spin on about 540 miles (860kms) over the three days. Thanks to Hlmrx1 we got back each day before 6pm for supper. InRBigness was kind enough to show us around his riding area. Visited two shelters that I have never seen before. Provfisherman enlightened us on a new shortcut that is route critical. Stray from the path and you may get wet.
AS usual Lil' J kept the smiles going all day and into the evening. I swear she brings kod grizz along just to pay for fuel and food. :p
This year was extra special. We had set many traps over the years to try and catch the incredibly elusive "bush sled". We could see traces of it here and there but we never caught it. There has been talk that we had seen it but no photo evidence has been produced. Well this year we were successful. We caught it. As this is an incredibly dangerous and endangered species we took great care releasing it from the trap but not before taking photos and this elusive beast. I will post the photos as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks all for coming out and making another great TY Ride.
Special thank goes to Bountyhunter and CoPilot for making a guest appearance Friday night. Although they were not able to ride this season that did not damper their spirits to come out and be apart of the ride festivities. Looking forward to riding with them next season.
:sled1::sled1:

Pics and Videos please... :) Glad Bounty was out!!

Some teasers for you. :p
20180209_213548 (Large).jpg
20180209_122551 (Large).jpg
20180209_213702 (Large).jpg

Sigh! I'm sorry I missed it all, trust me if I could have made it I would have! In all the years I finally missed a Manitoba TY :oops:. I guess I cant say that anymore! :o| I'm sad! :(

Brought a wheelbarrow of wood in a while ago, between the cold air making me cough and the effort depleting my energy this winter just sucks :brrr::confused::mad:

Well big guy your presence was surely missed. Don't worry about missing the Ride. Family and health are more important.

Sounds like a great time, sorry it couldn't work out for me this year.

Big congrats to Hlmrx1 for the impressive win at Beaver Days on Saturday. He got his MCX Apex across the line at 175 KPM (109 MPH)! This pic has been 10 years in the making; way to go Don!

Skips the TY Ride for a little trophy. I guess next year I will go to Toys R Us and get him one of those participation trophies so he will show up on Saturday. :tg::rofl:

Good job there Hlmrx1. Nice to see that turbo setup is finally tuned in.

Skips the TY Ride for a little trophy. I guess next year I will go to Toys R Us and get him one of those participation trophies so he will show up on Saturday. :tg::rofl:

LOL!!

Don't forget, I was in a Bonspiel also, too many things happening on the same weekend, it was non stop for me. If retirement is anything like that weekend, my body will be all worn out by the time I hit 70! Hey, get TY to make it a giveaway ride, their ride in the states looks pretty tempting! Who's all in for making it out to their ride next year?

Don't forget, I was in a Bonspiel also, too many things happening on the same weekend, it was non stop for me. If retirement is anything like that weekend, my body will be all worn out by the time I hit 70! Hey, get TY to make it a giveaway ride, their ride in the states looks pretty tempting! Who's all in for making it out to their ride next year?

Well if I make it next year, you better too!! :)

Miss you guys! Keep the pics coming its all the sledding I have seen this winter so far! I've never seen the Boo Boo Shack but recognize the little Boo Boo person :sled1: standing in front of it! :tg: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Boo Boo shack is in the Park by Grand Beach and the Yogi Shack is just north of Jackfish hut just off the North Star Trail. This is in my neck of the woods. The pick up truck has been on the trail for the past 3 years. RCMP said "do what you need to do to make it safe". They tried to move it with the groomer but it was not going anywhere. They cut the trail around it.

Back