• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 sidewinder btx se clutching

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder btx se
hey everyone, I’m new to this site but was hoping for some help with clutching. Currently running a TD ecotrail with CAI stock primary, and 35/39 helix with stock spring wrapped at 2-6. I have blown 4 belts in 1000 miles. Looking for better back shifting/throttle response and cooler clutch temps. Would like for this sled to wheelie yet still be fast on the lake. Thanks in advance

Before i start a new thread, your not alone. Im experiencing the same issues blowing belts on a 17 BTX LE with the 2.25. I could blow a belt everyday if riding hard in deep snow. My secondary offset is 60mm, middle of spec.
Sled has stock tune, good primary and secondary rollers, orange TP secondary spring wrapped at 70 deg. 33-35 helix.

The clutches get so hot, i cant touch em. Gotta be belt slip? Its absolutely ridiculous i cant ride a 153x2.25 in its intended environment .
Might try more twist on secondary for now, maybe add venting to bandaid temps.
Anyone got some suggestions? Dont care about your trail setups , trail it seems fine. Do i need a full MTX clutch setup?

Before i start a new thread, your not alone. Im experiencing the same issues blowing belts on a 17 BTX LE with the 2.25. I could blow a belt everyday if riding hard in deep snow. My secondary offset is 60mm, middle of spec.
Sled has stock tune, good primary and secondary rollers, orange TP secondary spring wrapped at 70 deg. 33-35 helix.

The clutches get so hot, i cant touch em. Gotta be belt slip? Its absolutely ridiculous i cant ride a 153x2.25 in its intended environment .
Might try more twist on secondary for now, maybe add venting to bandaid temps.
Anyone got some suggestions? Dont care about your trail setups , trail it seems fine. Do i need a full MTX clutch setup?
venting will definitely help, have you tried it with the new ultimax belt herd those are supposed to be stronger haven't tried on mine yet. I have the same sled as you but with a tune with TP clutching and i eat belts going to recheck offset this week.

Stupid question from newbie owner of same sled. Where are the spare belts on the sled? I took it for a trip this weekend and realized I never even had a belt with me?! I thought it would have one from factory.

Back to your question, Mine is a new 17 carry over I got in March of last year. I rode it 181 miles bone stock in deep snow from some freak snow storms in April. Clutches were hot. Over summer sent to Ulmer for 270 tune, clutch, and dyno. He machined 1.5MM off the secondary to get it to align properly. Then installed his kit and ran it 200 miles over the last week and clutches were always warm but never hot now. I have never blown a belt but only have 388 miles on sled.

Stupid question from newbie owner of same sled. Where are the spare belts on the sled? I took it for a trip this weekend and realized I never even had a belt with me?! I thought it would have one from factory.

Back to your question, Mine is a new 17 carry over I got in March of last year. I rode it 181 miles bone stock in deep snow from some freak snow storms in April. Clutches were hot. Over summer sent to Ulmer for 270 tune, clutch, and dyno. He machined 1.5MM off the secondary to get it to align properly. Then installed his kit and ran it 200 miles over the last week and clutches were always warm but never hot now. I have never blown a belt but only have 388 miles on sled.

No spare belt from the factory lol some dealers will give you one when you buy the sled. Most store theirs in the tunnel bag or on top of the clutch gaurd

venting will definitely help, have you tried it with the new ultimax belt herd those are supposed to be stronger haven't tried on mine yet. I have the same sled as you but with a tune with TP clutching and i eat belts going to recheck offset this week.

I have only tried the stock 8jp belt. Thought about trying an 8dn, but the harder compound will likely raise rpm, and ive added 4.5g to the stock weights above factory setting and she still revs way too high - near 9200. 1100 miles and a 2.5" trail muffler.
Which ultimax belt do you suggest and how much $$$?

I'm not a clutching expert to be honest but a ultimax xs825 is probably the best replacement for the 8jp right now Denis Kirk sells them for $120.80 probably can find them for less on ebay.

I’m running the Hurricane 270hp tune with a 1.75 back country track and 22/41 gears and would love some better clutching to keep clutch temps down as they do get hot when running hard... running stm60y weights pre loaded by Hurricane but had to remove 2grams of tip weight...I now have the newer Yamaha 35/39 helix and spring I’m gonna try but please post your clutch set ups

I'm in the same boat btx se. I cant keep belts on it when off trail. It's no fun not being able to use the throttle for fear of exploding a belt.
I'm currently looking into getting a button secondary setup. I'll post results here if I follow through.

Back